Hey all, i signed up for that hands on event for the 20th. As everyone knows the phone is being released the 21st. Do you think I should go to the hands on thing anyway? In hopes of maybe winning a free phone? or Get to purchase my phone that morning? and be able to talk them into upgrading my wifes phone as well? OR will this just be a waste of time and go get my phone Friday morning (on list)?

I just don't know....
    11-15-08 01:37 PM
    If all else, you'll have some playtime with the phone before it comes out. I'd go.
    11-15-08 01:41 PM
    For me getting the new phones that come out is something I don't need to do. If it was me, I would go if it was not crowded. If it was crowded I would not care if I stayed at home and waited 6 months before I went and looked at the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 03:34 PM
    I couldn't do it, kinda like unwrapping a Christmas present, playing with it, rewrapping it and leaving it for a day, however, i've also called every store within 10 miles looking for a demo to play with today...
    11-15-08 03:41 PM
    I couldn't do it, kinda like unwrapping a Christmas present, playing with it, rewrapping it and leaving it for a day, however, i've also called every store within 10 miles looking for a demo to play with today...
    Any luck with that? I called my local one and they told me they didn't have anything, but given that most of the posts from people who have played with them have been through the store manager and not a demo, they could've been just lying to me.
    11-15-08 03:52 PM
    Hey all, i signed up for that hands on event for the 20th. As everyone knows the phone is being released the 21st. Do you think I should go to the hands on thing anyway? In hopes of maybe winning a free phone? or Get to purchase my phone that morning? and be able to talk them into upgrading my wifes phone as well? OR will this just be a waste of time and go get my phone Friday morning (on list)?

I just don't know....
    Absolutely go. If for no other reason to use the phone and see it in action to help you decide if it is something you want to get. You might see something you really hate and not pick one up or you might love it and be that much happier that you are getting one.
    11-15-08 03:57 PM
    Any luck with that? I called my local one and they told me they didn't have anything, but given that most of the posts from people who have played with them have been through the store manager and not a demo, they could've been just lying to me.

Naw, I'm even friends with a store manager, all that's shown up here are dummies...
    11-15-08 03:59 PM

I just don't know....
    I don't know either. But I am signed up and am going on the off chance that they will sell them at the event or put you on a guaranteed list to purchase Friday. At worst, I will know whether I really want to purchase.

WCK
    11-15-08 06:23 PM
    I was thinking the same thing, cause i'm screwed. No BB preorder...
    No name on a list, VZW corp stores around me are dumb.
    11-15-08 06:33 PM
    i think you should go
    11-15-08 06:37 PM
    I dont know if i would. I would go to try to win a free storm. But i also like the excitment of buying something without trying it out. When the Nintendo Wii came out, i tested it out a few days before i got mine. It didnt make a big deal, but it probably would have been better opening it not knowing how the remote controller felt. etc. But thats me. But go and try to win a free storm and play around with it! Enjoy!
    11-15-08 06:39 PM
    Im going to mine tomorrow morning in Cincinnati
    11-16-08 07:34 PM
    Im going to mine tomorrow morning in Cincinnati
    Knew you'd find it!
    11-16-08 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD