Okay, sorry to make a thread about this, but I've been searching and searching and nothing seems to be giving me the right solution.

I currently receive 3 email accounts on my BB Storm. Gmail, AIM, and my school email. With all three, none of them show up as "read" on Outlook after I've read them on my Storm. Is it just a matter of changing everything to "handheld wins"???

Or does this mean I do not have them configured to IMAP? Is that what you need to do? I'm not sure how, because I find the Email setup options for my Storm SO basic and hard to navigate...almost like it'd be easier to delete the account then re-register than change the settings.

Secondly - GMAIL - I get all sent emails to my inbox.

I have read the thread about filters and logging onto BIS but none of it seems to make sense...I tried logging onto BIS (through Verizon? through GMail?!!) and Verizon told me I had to log on on my phone...where and how do I change these settings?
    02-05-09 06:18 PM
    When you read an e-mail on your Storm and then log in through the e-mail's web interface, does the message show up as read in the browser? If so, that might indicate a problem with your set up between Outlook and the mail provider.

As for logging into BIS, if you initially set up your email accounts via your handheld, you'll probably have to call up Verizon to get them to establish a password for you to use on the BIS log in. That's what I had to do.
    02-05-09 06:27 PM
    My web-based email (Gmail, that I never log into because I have Outlook) always has all my messages marked unread.

Thanks for the help, I will probably call VZW now and see what happens.
    02-05-09 06:33 PM
    02-05-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD