How can I go about setting up Gmail Imap on my unlocked Storm for ATT?
    07-02-09 05:31 PM
    same as you would if it were unlocked, is it setup in your BIS acct? Did you load the AT&T service books? Make sure you enable IMAP in the Gmail acct settings, then either setup the acct by logging into the AT&T BIS site or using the personal e-mail setup wizard on the storm, but you need to load the AT&T service books, steps are posted in the Storm forum, here they are with the AT&T service books

On AT&T, follow these directions:
    1. Download the ATT service books here. Unzip the file on your PC and remember where you placed the file on your PC.

2. On the PC, go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\OS version\Java.
    Create a new folder and name is ATT. Find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_dameon and move the cod to your new folder.

3. Plug in device and open DM > AppLoader > Add/Remove Programs and work your way through the process to remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module.

Close DM on completion.

4. Open DM again. Go to Backup/Restore > Advanced. On the right is the Storm's data and service books. On the left select File > Open > Select the service book file you downloaded. Click once to highlight it, and then click the bottom arrow (to move it from the left box to the right).
    Go back to main menu of DM.

5. Go to C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader\OS version\Java\ then to the folder you created named ATT. Right click the module > Cut.
    Go back to main Java folder and paste it back.

6. Plug in device and open DM > AppLoader > Add/Remove > and proceed your way through. You will see net_rim_bb_browser_dameon.cod file being replaced.

7. Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books.
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

8. On your Storm go to Option > Advanced Options > TCP/APN should say
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username:[email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

9. You may need to reboot the BB one more time.
    07-02-09 06:41 PM
    if your connection goes from edge to EDGE constantly follow the fix in my sig, disable the TCP settings, set under manage connections 2G & 3G to just 3G, then turn the carrier connection off for a min or two and re-enable, may have to try a couple times, if it still goes back and fourth try switching out the radio file using the Swap A Radio tool in my sig, i use .132 radio and did the steps above and also listed in the post in my sig and i have EDGE all the time.
    07-02-09 06:44 PM
    you need EDGE to get data/e-mail/browser etc...
    07-02-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD