Im running V.109 and my sister is running V.75 and we are both having problems with gmail. Emails are no longer coming in instantly! It set up as Imap using the bis.verizon website. I mean the emails used to be instant! I used to get it faster on my phone then I did on my computer screen. For the past week or so there is about a 10 - 20 min delay. Any one have same issue with gmail as Imap?
    03-03-09 10:46 PM
    There have been several posts on this in the last couple of days, search and you should find them.
    Sorry don't remember the outcome of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 10:51 PM
    I've had vzw transfer me to RIM before about this. I have it setup the POP3 way, and mine stopped being instant too! The guy at RIM said its not them, its Gmails notifier service getting overwhelmed. Its almost impossible to argue with these people sometime. Its like a blame game. Sometimes removing and adding the account on BIS has helped me. Gluck!
    03-03-09 10:55 PM
    Ill try the BIS trick.. lets see if it works..
    I searched the forums no one was talking about Imap and the storm..
    03-03-09 11:06 PM
    Ill try the BIS trick.. lets see if it works..
    I searched the forums no one was talking about Imap and the storm..
    This is just one of them...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/gmail-imap-not-instant-past-couple-days-169917/

03-03-09 11:10 PM
    This is just one of them...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/gma...e-days-169917/

Sorry man! Thanks for the link.. I searched but i guess not hard enough!
    03-03-09 11:21 PM
    I had trouble with my email all day today, and I have three aol accounts and a work account hooked up to my Storm. No gmail accounts though.

I didn't realize I wasn't getting emails all day because I was busy but at around 6 PM I did a battery pull because my phone seemed laggy. After the pull, I received about 40 emails and about 10 BBM so I guess that wasn't working for me either.

Seems to be ok now.
    03-04-09 02:32 AM
    Resend the service books, if that doesn't work log into your BIS account and delete the account then re add it.
    03-04-09 03:22 AM
    I am still on .75 OS and my GMail is working just fine. No delay.
    03-04-09 06:58 AM
    My emails (Gmail and my university account, and even my BB email) have all been slow to come to my BB in the past few days. I tried deleting and re-adding the accounts on BIS and it's increased a little in speed but not by much.
    03-05-09 10:09 AM
    my gmail is still slow as ****. i removed them and re add them and they become instant but go back to slow as **** after a day or so.. i cant figure this out and it is driving me crazy!
    04-05-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD