I am new to this forum and new to my Storm.

My Gmail is account is setup and working great with one exception:

I received a copy of every message that I send from this account back in the inbox. The messages do properly send to the intended recipients.

What setting do I have to change so it does not CC me with every message I send???

TIA.
    03-21-09 10:12 PM
    Why not just use. The mobile app for it? Assuming you've got it set up like POP3? The mobile app works great. Needs some features but its VERY fast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 10:15 PM
    I figured it out...
    03-21-09 10:32 PM
    I figured it out...
    good job!
    03-22-09 06:11 AM
    Why not just use. The mobile app for it? Assuming you've got it set up like POP3? The mobile app works great. Needs some features but its VERY fast.

Why waste the app space for an email program on a device that is intended for email?

03-22-09 06:40 AM
    The best thing about the Gmail app is that you can use imap.
    03-22-09 09:52 AM
    The best thing about the Gmail app is that you can use imap.
    I think you have that backwards. IIRC, the app does not use IMAP (it polls via POP every few minutes).

If you want IMAP integration, you can set it up with the BB's native email interface. You don't need a separate app for that.
    03-22-09 10:02 AM
    The Gmail app is garbage. BIS does a much better job and integrates with the device much better (attachments, etc.). OP - I assume when you say you figured it out that you set up the filter in BIS? There are dozens of posts on this very topic throughout the forums. Good luck.
    03-22-09 10:10 AM
    The Gmail app is garbage. BIS does a much better job and integrates with the device much better (attachments, etc.). OP - I assume when you say you figured it out that you set up the filter in BIS? There are dozens of posts on this very topic throughout the forums. Good luck.
    Exactly. And it does IMAP... which rocks. I just wish the push was more reliable/faster!

-Cyrus
    03-22-09 10:27 AM
    no need for filters anymore. RIM just upgraded to BIS 4.6, IMAP is instantly pushed now. Just delete your gmail account from BIS and create it again, resend service books, and you're set!
    03-22-09 11:13 AM
    no need for filters anymore. RIM just upgraded to BIS 4.6, IMAP is instantly pushed now. Just delete your gmail account from BIS and create it again, resend service books, and you're set!
    When did this happen? The guy at Verizon set my Storm up Friday afternoon and he set up my Gmail account.

Has it been updated since Friday at 2pm EST????
    03-22-09 11:15 AM
    When did this happen? The guy at Verizon set my Storm up Friday afternoon and he set up my Gmail account.

Has it been updated since Friday at 2pm EST????
    happened late friday / early saturday morning. try it, my gmail syncs now and has instant push.
    03-22-09 11:20 AM
    Odd, I've had instant push via IMAP and one-way syncing on my Storm since Nov. Other than about a month earlier this year where mail delivery was delayed by a few minutes, it's always been smooth and instantaneous.

But glad it works well across the board now. If only they would go ahead and implement two-way (versus current one-way) ota syncing of read/unread, then it would really rock.
    03-22-09 11:35 AM
    happened late friday / early saturday morning. try it, my gmail syncs now and has instant push.

I just tried it. Problem fixed. Thank you sir!

Now Here is the dilemma I have which was alluded to in a post above...

Should I use the Gmail App or the BIS version?

Gmail App Pros:
    1. Cooler Icon
    2. Shows all old e-mails

Gmail App Cons:
    1. Does not have the new message or Forward or Delete button on the screen. You have to click the blackberry button to bring up options

BIS Gmail Pros:
    1. It has buttons on the home screen to compose new mail or forward or delete messages

BIS Gmail Cons:
    1. It did not pull over all existing emails and I have quite a few there that I could really use on my phone

Please let me know if I am mistaken about any of these.

I am still up in the air on this.

TIA.
    03-22-09 11:41 AM
    Should I use the Gmail App or the BIS version?
    It's your own personal choice.

You did leave out one major point that people have been trying to tell you in this thread: BIS pros: (when configured for IMAP) you receive email instantly on the phone vs polling like the app. Read a message on your Storm and it gets marked as read instantly on the server. If you use the app, it's not instant: the app checks the server for new messages every time you send a message or every 5 min foreground or 20 min background.

Personally, I use both. I set up a filter on BIS to only push the most important emails (and mark certain very important ones as level 1). These get sent to my phone immediately if someone emails me. For all others (group mailings, ads, forum messages), I leave them on gmail.com and check it with the app.
    03-22-09 11:47 AM
    Also a second question for you experts... All e-mails that are sent with my phone have "sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry" at the bottom of the e-mail. Is there any way in which I can change this?

TIA.
    03-22-09 11:48 AM
    I figured it out...
    how? I cant figure it out its getting annoying lol
    03-22-09 11:50 AM
    Also a second question for you experts... All e-mails that are sent with my phone have "sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry" at the bottom of the e-mail. Is there any way in which I can change this?

TIA.

03-22-09 11:54 AM
    how? I cant figure it out its getting annoying lol
    Just do as they suggested to me and delete the account and set it back up.

The way I fixed it last night had to do with deleting the account. Setting up a log in and changing filiters. It is in the Blackberry KB.
    03-22-09 11:55 AM

Got it. Thanks!!!
    03-22-09 12:12 PM
    Ok so now I have another issue here. My gmail is setup with BIS. It is telling me that I have a new email waiting but when I open it up, there is no new e-mail waiting for me...

Any suggestions???
    03-22-09 12:33 PM
    Thanks for the help! This had always bugged me a little bit, and I wondered why it did it. Thanks again.
    03-22-09 01:19 PM
    Ok so now I have another issue here. My gmail is setup with BIS. It is telling me that I have a new email waiting but when I open it up, there is no new e-mail waiting for me...

Any suggestions???
    Where does it say you have a new email?

03-22-09 04:13 PM
    Where does it say you have a new email?

It has the red asterisk in icon.
    03-22-09 04:16 PM
    It has the red asterisk in icon.
    Do a battery pull. It should fix it.

03-22-09 04:22 PM