You can't kiss your Berry. Well, you could, but after all...

OK, OK, you can't have sex with your Berry. Although I once knew this girl...
    Bahahahahahaha......good stuff man good stuff

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 11:57 AM
    resist the temptation to power it on or put the battery in for a couple days. my storm survived a swim in a long island ice tea :P Just let it dry out and see what happens in a couple days.
    06-06-09 12:10 PM
    Oh, and FYI....
    06-06-09 12:12 PM
    I dropped a phone in the ocean and just took the battery out let everything dry and came back no problem. Hopefully at least somehow you can get it up enough to back it up like maybe screen and buttons wont work but phone boots up to where it can be connected to DM, Oh and the PIN is attached to each device new phone=new pin however if yu do get to back up the phone and your BB Messenger contacts are there just send them a message and it will update in their messenger list but not in their phone contacts..Godspeed
    06-06-09 12:15 PM
    So after I assumed my Storm was about dry as it could be I put my battery back in and the phone just makes a hissing sound out the speaker and nothing else. I called Asurion at around 7PM Friday night and filed my claim, the new Storm came at 10AM Sat morning. How is that even possible? They must have sent it from somewhere close.

Does anyone know how to tell if my new Storm is actually new or a refurb? This one's made in Mexico, as was my last one. Obviously looks nice and new but I was just curious to know for sure.
    06-07-09 02:38 AM
    When you file a claim for water damage do they take the damaged storm off you right away or do you have time to let it dry out and then backup?
    06-07-09 02:44 AM
    They sent me a prepaid package to return my water damaged Storm in, according to the lady I spoke to if I don't mail it in 11 days they will charge me $200.00. I understand they want the old on to try and refurb it but $200 seems really excessive since I could have just claimed it was lost and not bothered returning it at all (thrown it out or kept for parts).
    06-07-09 02:59 AM
    I got my replacement from Asurion on early April. I still haven't sent the damaged one in, because I lost the envelope. They sent me a letter Friday with a reminder, saying they would charge me $50 for the pearl (daughter's) if I didn't send it within 10 days.
    So, you have some time to try to get the data off.

Also, look at smrtguard.com for a great backup app.
    If you had it installed on the original storm, you would have been able to install the app on the replacement when you recieved it. You would login to your smrtguard acct from your pc and activate your replacement PIN. Then from your phone, click restore.
    All contact, calendar, events, notes and email data would download from their servers right onto your phone.
    06-07-09 03:48 AM
    Oh, and FYI....

NICE PIC!!!!! does it come 480x360???
    06-07-09 04:24 AM
    I got my replacement from Asurion on early April. I still haven't sent the damaged one in, because I lost the envelope. They sent me a letter Friday with a reminder, saying they would charge me $50 for the pearl (daughter's) if I didn't send it within 10 days.
    So, you have some time to try to get the data off.

Also, look at smrtguard.com for a great backup app.
    If you had it installed on the original storm, you would have been able to install the app on the replacement when you recieved it. You would login to your smrtguard acct from your pc and activate your replacement PIN. Then from your phone, click restore.
    All contact, calendar, events, notes and email data would download from their servers right onto your phone.
    Thank you for all the information. Just got off the phone with my insurance company and they have said they are going to send me a prepaid envelope to put my phone in before the honour any claim So guess i will just have to wait before i send off. Damn bank insurance!!!!
    06-07-09 04:30 AM
    I'm so sorry to hear that they won't send you a replacement first.
    Good luck on getting your info out of your very clean phone and into your replacement.
    06-07-09 07:33 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD