I have searched but have not found anything on this issue. In portrait mode I am unable to select the GH,JK or L keys. If I touch them the keys above or below will highlight.. It seems almost like
    I have a dead spot on my screen, but it does not affect any other functions. If it matters I am running .75. Is anyone else having this issue?
    12-28-08 01:02 PM
    could be a bad spot on your screen but more likely a hardware issue. Did you try pulling the battery?
    12-28-08 01:07 PM
    There are some posted issues regarding bad screen click areas. You probably need to call CS and let them know you have a bad screen click problem and get them to send you another storm.
    12-28-08 01:09 PM
    how does the same spot on the screen react in landscape mode? Can you still click it say on the browser or something?

I would play around with it a bit but seems like a replacement is in order.

And yes, there are quite a few threads on this. If you think about it, anything prob you may be having is most likely to have happened to someone else already and surely has at least 5 threads about it on CB! :P
    12-28-08 01:13 PM
    I did a battery pull and it did not help. Under further testing in landscape mode all keys seem to work but while using to browser if I am dragging across the screen it "jumps" when I run across that area.

So I guess it's yet another replacement, got my Storm on 12/8 and the first replacement on 12/15 Due to send button coming off, now this. I love my Storm and as long as they will replace them I will be a happy man.

Thanks all for your input.
    12-28-08 01:42 PM
    For sure, good luck.

BTW, I heard that the new replacements have better screens with less of a gap... an upside perhaps in having to get yet another replacement.
    12-28-08 01:46 PM
    Sounds like a bad screen
    12-28-08 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD