The phone came pre loaded with shortcuts for like facebook flicker v cast music and a few other apps I just don't want... The shortcuts only link u to the install webpage so they are useless is there any way of getting rid of them? I have them hidden but it just annoys me that they are there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 11:29 AM
    If they are hidden then what difference does it make?

And no you cant get rid of them
    04-19-09 11:34 AM
    The phone came pre loaded with shortcuts for like facebook flicker v cast music and a few other apps I just don't want... The shortcuts only link u to the install webpage so they are useless is there any way of getting rid of them? I have them hidden but it just annoys me that they are there

nope can't be done
    just hide and forget
    04-19-09 11:36 AM
    nope can't be done
    just hide and forget
    I believe if you delete the service book entries it removes the icons...at least until you have service books resent that is.

04-19-09 12:17 PM
    Can you not go into the shared loader files and delete them from the OS?
    May even give you more memory. Ive also been wondering if this can be done.
    04-19-09 12:56 PM
    the icons dont take up any memory, maybe 1k each at most. you would never miss it. only if you install the actual program does memory get used. like leo said hide it and forget it
    04-19-09 01:09 PM
    I believe if you delete the service book entries it removes the icons...at least until you have service books resent that is.

I do this all the time!

Go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book...and you'll see the name of the application browser shortcut that you want to delete with [Browser Config] after the name of the application. Delete each one of these entries and your app shortcuts will be gone. But like mentioned these will return when you resend the service books!
    04-19-09 01:19 PM
    Can you not go into the shared loader files and delete them from the OS?
    May even give you more memory. Ive also been wondering if this can be done.
    Actually no. My 122 has been slimmed down to not include the cods for the apps. It gives you more memory but doesn't remove the icons. I have only found removing the service books entries to actually remove the icons.

04-19-09 01:27 PM
    I do this all the time!

Go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book...and you'll see the name of the application browser shortcut that you want to delete with [Browser Config] after the name of the application. Delete each one of these entries and your app shortcuts will be gone. But like mentioned these will return when you resend the service books!
    when would you need to resend the service books?
    04-19-09 01:27 PM
    In case you have connectivity problems or re register your phone. When you upgrade the os for example.

04-19-09 01:29 PM
    when would you need to resend the service books?
    many reasons

software update
    resolve browser issues
    email problems
    etc

Probably not every week or anything but if you play with leaked upgrades the icons would appear everytime. When i upgrade I remove the actually files from the install but some shortcuts remain, i just hide the icon.
    04-19-09 01:31 PM
    Thank you so much everybody you have been very helpfull I won't worry about it if it takes little impact on my memory. Just thanks again

04-19-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD