I was this close to getting rid of my storm. >< this close... that was until i decided to take the leap and update to the .109. This made a world of difference, so i then decided to take another step and do the .113 update. Wholly S*** this thing is fast and awesome and its like i have a new phone. the only thing that is wrong is im now having a screen click issue, which brings me to my question. Should i downgrade b4 i do the exchange?
    Thanks to all of you who helped me with the upgrades and the reassurances during the upgrades.
    03-27-09 02:31 PM
    Seeing how its a hardware issue, they should honer your warranty or insurance either way.
    03-27-09 02:33 PM
    I was this close to getting rid of my storm. >< this close... that was until i decided to take the leap and update to the .109. This made a world of difference, so i then decided to take another step and do the .113 update. Wholly S*** this thing is fast and awesome and its like i have a new phone. the only thing that is wrong is im now having a screen click issue, which brings me to my question. Should i downgrade b4 i do the exchange?
    Thanks to all of you who helped me with the upgrades and the reassurances during the upgrades.
    Downgrade to .75 before returning. If they check it, they may refuse to exchange it.
    03-27-09 02:34 PM
    People have in the past said that it voids your warranty to use a non-official OS or a beta. So I would, why not... why risk it if it didn't matter
    03-27-09 02:35 PM
    Before you run off for an exchange, read the many post/threads here regarding screen clicks. You may find something that helps. Chances are high that the new phone will have the same issues.
    03-27-09 02:35 PM
    better to be safe than sorry
    03-27-09 02:37 PM
    Yeah depending on what the problem with the screen is, there are some simple fixes that you can do to correct it.

Now folks say "why should I have to do that" but in all honesty, if you DID send the phone back for one of the easily-remedied issues then they'd just make the adjustment themselves and ship it out to someone else as a refurb.

I tried the business card fix but ended up doing a � turn on the left screw with a Torx screwdriver and now my screen click is perfecto

Aside from this, I would say reverting back to .75 before exchanging (should you elect to do so) is the safer course of action.

Good luck
    03-27-09 02:49 PM
    Yes you must downgrade.

03-27-09 04:34 PM
    Absolutely not true.

Before you run off for an exchange, read the many post/threads here regarding screen clicks. You may find something that helps. Chances are high that the new phone will have the same issues.
    03-27-09 04:35 PM
    Absolutely not true.
    Then apparently you're not aware of people who've had their phones exchanged only to have the same problem. So yes, it is true.
    03-27-09 04:37 PM
    Yes you must downgrade.
    I've exchanged 2 storms with leaked software on them.
    03-27-09 04:39 PM
    try the torx screw fix. I was skeptical at first but i just did it and it made a world of difference im sooo glad i did
    03-27-09 04:47 PM
    The Verizon warranty does not include updated OS. Read your warranties people, they will take it back regardless. If someone at the store tells you differently, tell them to call and get the correct information!!!!
    03-27-09 04:50 PM
    Hey dude, try the torx 6 screw fix first before even returning the storm.. Hey i had dropped my BB and the screw fix fixed my issues. Also, You think .113 is wicked. Try .114 Hybrid V2 its ******* awesome.
    03-27-09 04:51 PM
    i sent my old storm (got it on 11/21) in to vzw w/ .85 on it when they sent me my new one w/ new click plate....they never called me to complain about the old one.
    03-27-09 05:54 PM
    Then apparently you're not aware of people who've had their phones exchanged only to have the same problem. So yes, it is true.
    I agree with you.... There are people here that are on their third phones! It's still just a crap shoot with getting a new phone lol....

I think if the software is solid and you aren't having a problem in that department, torx screw fix would be the way to go... better than getting a screen that clicks a little better out of the box and has horrendous software glitches...
    03-27-09 05:57 PM
    The click issue is a hardware, not a software issue. Now, having said that, having an unofficial software version or third party applications on your device can void your warranty even if it doesn't have anything to do with your original issue. Downgrade your device software and then return it if you feel that is necessary.
    03-27-09 06:43 PM
    I'm still on my first one knocking on wood for that
    03-27-09 06:55 PM
    I'll elaborate - I couldn't write more while in the office.
    1> If a product doesn't work as advertised AND is within its warranty period, the preferable course of action is to replace it.

2> If you advise people to break their warranty stickers and something else goes wrong with their device - that could be a problem for them: i.e.: they won't be able to get a warranty replacement - (admittedly, if they had insurance, this may not matter).

3> I've had 3 Storm warranty replacements (none for screen click) - all for dust under the screen - (and I must admit lol - I almost considered doing the 'Dust Under the screen fix).

So I have experienced this first hand. I notice it does not say Storm in your signature Scandalex - so is your experience second hand maybe?

Last edited by bbsean; 03-28-09 at 10:47 AM.
    03-28-09 10:37 AM
    And if this is the case - (again, I'm speaking from first hand experience), IMHO people should keep returning their devices until they get a good one.

This might send a message to your service providers about sending out sub-standard refurbs.

(Having said that, I wouldn't blame anyone if they said 'I've just had enough of this %$@$# - and am switching to a Curve/Bold) - I recently recommended the Bold to a work colleague - after explaining some of the Storm issues to him.

I agree with you.... There are people here that are on their third phones! It's still just a crap shoot with getting a new phone lol....

I think if the software is solid and you aren't having a problem in that department, torx screw fix would be the way to go... better than getting a screen that clicks a little better out of the box and has horrendous software glitches...
    Last edited by bbsean; 03-28-09 at 10:45 AM.
    03-28-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD