ok I have googled my problem and searched the forums so my last solution is to now ask you guys for help.I bought an unlocked storm to use on ATT. I updated the service books and did everything I was supposed to do to get data working but still no luck. under my signal bar its always edge and not EDGE. oh and everytime I try going into browser it says "there is insufficient network coverage to process your request. please try again later." If this doesnt work out im debating dropping the storm and getting a bold but i really like the storm so if you have any tips they would be appreciated.
    07-30-09 03:01 PM
    Just curious, if you goto options - advanced - sim card and then bring up the keyboard using bb button, type 'mepd' does it say Network - Active? Just a quick check to make sure it was unlocked ok.
    07-30-09 03:09 PM
    What OS are you running? (You can check in Options > About)

Most likely, the issue you're running into is due to the radio code in whatever OS you're using.
    07-30-09 03:16 PM
    Just curious, if you goto options - advanced - sim card and then bring up the keyboard using bb button, type 'mepd' does it say Network - Active? Just a quick check to make sure it was unlocked ok.
    okay so I am on att and have been using my storm, but I just did what you said and it says not activated, what does this mean? what should I do? I still have my code from horizon.
    07-30-09 03:26 PM
    I just did this and it says Network - Inactive. . . and to who asked which OS im running, its 4.7.0.148
    07-30-09 04:34 PM
    Search for Swap-A-Radio and use the .90 OS' radio code in the .148 OS. 99% the reason you're having issues is because of the .148 OS radio code.
    07-30-09 04:40 PM
    Ok I downloaded swap a radio but i cant get it to work because i cant seem to locate the folder with the OS in it... could it have something to do with the fact that im running windows 7 RC?
    07-30-09 04:55 PM
    If it has to do with Windows 7, I'm not sure tbh.

Did you download the .90 and .148 OS' to your computer?
    07-30-09 04:56 PM
    Ok I downloaded swap a radio but i cant get it to work because i cant seem to locate the folder with the OS in it... could it have something to do with the fact that im running windows 7 RC?
    No, it's in a weird spot.. It's in a folder you wouldn't expect..

If memory serves me... it's either in the common files, or shared files... but you should see your OS number, and it's in there.
    07-30-09 04:59 PM
    Hmm I'm having trouble locating it... The one thing I hate about Windows 7 is that searching for files is a bit more confusing... Ive tried searching for it and nothing I type in brings up anything useful
    07-30-09 05:14 PM
    I have this phone and I have a doubt. This phone is compatible with 3G. So from what it depends that the phone gets 3G or edge? It depends of the unlocking mode that the phone went through? It depends in the country that you are? I hope someone can claer this doubt, because is the same thing with my bb tour.
    07-30-09 05:19 PM
    I have jad no issues on tmobile with edge. I'd like to see what your final solution is to fix the problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 05:44 PM
    Im still having trouble locating the folder with the OS in it. Does anyone know what it would be labeled as? would it just be 4.7.0.148? because I tried searching that and had no luck
    07-30-09 09:29 PM
    On Windows XP the path you are looking for is
    $Drive letter$:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

In this folder lies the different versions of OS's you have installed.
    Hope this helps
    07-30-09 10:24 PM
    Well I'm on windows 7 and there is no shared folder in the RIM folder
    07-30-09 10:32 PM
    if your running windows 7 64 bit there are two folders for program files. and once you click on the OS and install it it will just be there you wont be able to find the "folder" at least i dont think so.
    07-31-09 12:14 AM
    I have this phone and I have a doubt. This phone is compatible with 3G. So from what it depends that the phone gets 3G or edge? It depends of the unlocking mode that the phone went through? It depends in the country that you are? I hope someone can claer this doubt, because is the same thing with my bb tour.
    Ok I think I post on the wrong forum.
    07-31-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD