Ok been reading up lately and im just wondering with official release of the new OS will a new storm have it or will i have to update it myself later?
    06-06-09 02:07 PM
    Ok been reading up lately and im just wondering with official release of the new OS will a new storm have it or will i have to update it myself later?
    Depends on what is left in stock and how much the store cares to do the upgrade on existing units.
    06-06-09 02:08 PM
    if its not been sitting at the store for a while i would assume the newer shipped devices ship with .148

but if not its really easy to connect your device to dm and update or just do an ota upgrade
    06-06-09 02:09 PM
    Stopped in at my local Store today to pick up a Jawbone Prime. Talking about the update and they had 2 they put the update on and the new ones had it. They figured they would do the update and not deal with the complaints later.
    06-06-09 02:14 PM
    They will update it...
    And if not Ask, then they will...
    06-06-09 02:52 PM
    We went through our stock at the store and updated all of them that we have in stock. There is no reason to sell a phone with outdated software...
    06-06-09 04:10 PM
    We went through our stock at the store and updated all of them that we have in stock. There is no reason to sell a phone with outdated software...
    I agree it just causes problems if you tell the customer to go home and do the update themselves if they have never done an update on a BB.
    06-06-09 04:42 PM
    Well if they don't do it in store for you it is very easy to do by yourself. You can do it wirelessly or through your PC. Either way you have the crackberry site to fall onto if you get stuck at any point.
    06-06-09 04:58 PM
    I'd ask em to do it before you left...
    Then ask when the Storm 2 is coming out...
    I woulda waited...
    06-06-09 06:02 PM
    I'd ask em to do it before you left...
    Then ask when the Storm 2 is coming out...
    I woulda waited...
    Why? You know nothing about the Storm 2 OS. It could be worse than the storm 1.
    06-06-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD