Is there a way to get rid of software instead of just hiding the icon? I dont see it using DM. Like vcast, vtones, you tube,slacker radio and all the messaging apps.
    09-24-09 09:38 AM
    Those are not actually the software. They are just "shortcuts" if you will, to install the software. They are pushed by Verizon. All you can do is hide them and they don't use any resources.
    09-24-09 09:41 AM
    If you are on 4.7 OS, go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications, highlight the app you want to delete, hit the BBMenu Button and select delete.

If you are 5.0 OS, go to Options, Applications, highlight the app you want to delete, hit the BBMenu Button and select delete.

Once you delete the last app you want to delete, reboot the phone (it will prompt you to reboot once you delete each app anyway, just say no until you delete the last one you want to get rid of...otherwise it could be a lengthy process).
    09-24-09 09:43 AM
    Those are not actually the software. They are just "shortcuts" if you will, to install the software. They are pushed by Verizon. All you can do is hide them and they don't use any resources.
    The VCast related apps are and I think youtube is now as well. The rest are not.

I think you can call Verizon or do something online or via your phone to opt out of having VZW continually push apps out to you.
    09-24-09 09:44 AM
    The VCast related apps are and I think youtube is now as well. The rest are not.

I think you can call Verizon or do something online or via your phone to opt out of having VZW continually push apps out to you.
    Verizon also pushed a slacker icon, and the messaging apps are not installed until you physically do so.
    09-24-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD