I know every launch has bugs, but holy ****. Is the sky falling on this phone? I havent seen a single person that isnt complaining about one thing or another with this phone. Im afraid to open it!! If I activate it, ill have to pay a termination fee from AT&T... Is it better to just wait a few months to see what happens with the storm???
    12-04-08 02:19 PM
    Honestly, I DON'T have any complaints. I came from an LG Voyager that I replaced 4 times in 1 year. Before that, I had a Blackberry 7130c on ATT. This is by far the best phone I've had in 4 years and I love the phone. The only thing that will happen in a few months is new software. If they released new hardware due to the problems some people have had, they will have to replace EVERY storm that has sold up to that point. Not going to happen that quickly.
    12-04-08 02:23 PM
    your seeing complaints on a very fractional area of users on a fourm. A place where most people come to address their probems and find solutions. Obviosly the majority of people, atleast newer members come here with problems. Not everyone with no problems is starting a thread, "Hey! this phone has no problems!". Personally I haven't had any. there were what, 200,000-400,000 of these sold on launch day alone...not everyone is having problems, just a fraction and then and even smaller fraction for people who post on forums. Thats just my take.
    12-04-08 02:28 PM
    i have no complaints with the phone and absolutly love it!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-04-08 02:28 PM
    your seeing complaints on a very fractional area of users on a fourm. A place where most people come to address their probems and find solutions. Obviosly the majority of people, atleast newer members come here with problems. Not everyone with no problems is starting a thread, "Hey! this phone has no problems!". Personally I haven't had any. there were what, 200,000-400,000 of these sold on launch day alone...not everyone is having problems, just a fraction and then and even smaller fraction for people who post on forums. Thats just my take.
    I couldn't agree more. I love my Storm and honestly have no complaints at all. A few minor bugs that will be addressed by software updates, but that just adds to the excitement of my Storm
    12-04-08 02:31 PM
    Not to discount the problems that many here have reported, but I think - at least in my case so far - that the device is OK.

Is it perfect, probably not. Will it improve, probably so.

Given that you (psufan5) list yourself as not a smartphone user, you will most likely find it useful. Most likely you will have frustrations with it, but I suspect that even if it was "perfect" you would have frustrations given that you are changing "lifestyles." (I say this as someone who had used a Treo in the past but switched to a "regular" phone about a year ago. The BB seems to be better executed, even with all of it's "flaws.")
    12-04-08 02:33 PM
    Best phone I have also! Zero issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 02:33 PM
    no complaints here . . plus you have to activate within a few weeks or return the phone (minus 35 bucks) or they will charge you full retail.
    12-04-08 02:34 PM
    Open it...and make your own decision. If you hate it sell it on eBay or return it. Odds are you'll love it!
    12-04-08 02:34 PM
    Will AT&T reimburse me for canceling if i join back up within a few days?
    12-04-08 02:36 PM
    I'd use for a trial period and if it doesn't work then return it. Keep ATT up and live and then after 27-28 days (before 30 days w/ VZW is up) you'll be more informed - worse case scenario: a few trips to the VZW store and a wasted afternoon. But, VZW promises to refund you if you're not satisfied. You may even want to create an entirely new phone number w/ VZW and then if it works out w/ the storm port your # from ATT in later after you decide to keep it. Or, return the phone to VZW w/ in 30 days if you don't like it and you're not out one penny. I've been w/ VZW for years and bought the Storm the day it was released. I also returned it the very next day 'cause it just wasn't for me. I went back to my Curve.

However, the more I read about users "in love" w/ their Storms makes me think I didn't give it a fair shot and I am now convinced there are just defective units and I got one. However, as a whole the storm seems OK. Why would there so many users defending this phone if it was total trash? Sure, there are many who are upset and feel it is a POS, but just look at the sticky poll. More people love it then hate it. There's absolutlely nothing to gain from being dishonest. So, I'm convinced there are defective units and it's not just a defective model. If I could go back I would have either kept mine for at least 2-3 weeks or requested an exchange.

My mind has changed on this phone. I went from thinking it was a total POS to thinking that ? want to try it out again and give it a seconfd chance. My opinion change came completely from the standpoint that this community's majority seems to endorse the storm.

editted: correction: you would be out a bit of money. If you kept the storm you'd have had double plan for the first month and would need to pay ATT for the month you had coverage w/ VZW, plus any early termination fee. I didn't catch that the first time. However, doesn't ATT offer the Bold? I think that model on ATT is getting wonderful reviews and may be another option for you - or, are you enamored with a touchscreen?
    Last edited by alex1; 12-04-08 at 02:42 PM. Reason: added a bit
    12-04-08 02:36 PM
    i don't have any complaints.
    12-04-08 02:39 PM
    psufan, I believe you can rejoin ATT within 30 days or so and they would re-activate you and get rid of your ETF, double check that though.

alex1, why if you feel you didnt give it a fair shake can you not pick it up again and see how it goes? I'm not sure about your circumstances on your plan, how you bought it, etc, but If I were you I'd go pick up another, if you feel its a defect again, send it in for another, it may be a bit of a pain but once you get a fully functioning one, I'm sure you'd like it.
    12-04-08 02:41 PM
    NYisles is right, they'll actually reimburse your ETF if you come back up to 6 months later. They have a winback department that handles it. VZW has one too. They won me back after i sold my iphone Nov 07' got 175$ credit on bill, basically free wireless for 2 months
    12-04-08 02:46 PM
    NYisles is right, they'll actually reimburse your ETF if you come back up to 6 months later. They have a winback department that handles it. VZW has one too. They won me back after i sold my iphone Nov 07' got 175$ credit on bill, basically free wireless for 2 months
    there ya go. 6 months > 30 days lol
    12-04-08 02:50 PM
    no complaints here either. also, do you ever read blogs about the iphone? it has been a year and a half since the phone has been out and they still can't manage to get the PHONE working as it should. not to mention the percent of people who have received replacements, which is incredible. i got 4 replacements over the year and 2 months i had mine. of course there are going to be people complaining about this phone that hasn't even been available for 2 weeks. apple has had a much longer time to correct their problems and still haven't satisfied everybody. my advice: use the phone for at least 3 days and then decide for yourself. if we based all of our decisions on a few complaints we wouldn't ever be satisfied with what we have.
    12-04-08 02:52 PM
    I have zero complaints after a week of use. In fact, two of my coworkers are getting a Storm after using mine. Give it a spin, I'm betting you'll love it.
    12-04-08 02:54 PM
    i love this phone more and more everyday. the more u use it, the more u get used to it and find the little nuances that make it great. plus it will only get better.

the only complaint i have is that seidio doesn't have their innocase out yet for this thing lol
    12-04-08 03:05 PM
    Go to a Verizon retail outlet and take the demo they have for a test spin. Honestly, the only two phones I considered was the iPhone and this one. I still like the iPhone but the Storm has a 1-up cool factor. I think its nicer looking and has a better layout. The functionality of the device is better as well. More regular tasks can be done with it. Yes, it is short on applications like the iPhone has...but that part is coming I think in March. I converted a movie to play on it, have it as an fm radio, great pictures, wonderful screen...I've never owned a Blackberry before but I am thrilled with this one. It won't be going back anytime soon!!
    12-04-08 03:05 PM
    psufan, I believe you can rejoin ATT within 30 days or so and they would re-activate you and get rid of your ETF, double check that though.

alex1, why if you feel you didnt give it a fair shake can you not pick it up again and see how it goes? I'm not sure about your circumstances on your plan, how you bought it, etc, but If I were you I'd go pick up another, if you feel its a defect again, send it in for another, it may be a bit of a pain but once you get a fully functioning one, I'm sure you'd like it.
    I went back to the store and they were sold out. Besides, I'm a patient sort and I'll wait for any OS to come out. I was willing to pay a bunch for the latest gadget, but that thrill wore off. I'm eligible for NE2 in April 2009 -- I'll just sit tight til then - probably end up both saving money and getting a better phone / OS
    12-04-08 03:34 PM
    it is an awesome phone....I have not had ANY of the problems that everyone up here seems to have. Makes me wonder if people are making up stuff or just use it a lot differently then me. If your a business person (ie use it for everything, I would just get the bold from att). But for just browsing the web and whatnot...it is amazing.
    12-04-08 03:42 PM
    dude this my first blackberry and the things that i can on the storm are amazing....this is the best phone i ever had...there bugs but they are GOING TO BE FIXED WITH TIME!!This is Rims first touch screen phone.. give them a break people.
    12-04-08 03:48 PM
    I'm loving the phone ... I do have a few minor complaints, but as every logical person has said ... what launch of this magnetude HASN't had a small percentage of issues. In my case, I was planning to live with teh tiny issues until my corporate rep suggested that I justr eplace the device ... which I did and a new (not refurb) unit will be sent to me in 2 days.

I think that software updates and great sevice so far from VZW will prove to everyone that this device is an amazing piece, and you will be glad you chose this product.

It is a powerful device, and if you have a need for all of the features available, you will love it even more than you think possible.

Just my $.02
    12-04-08 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD