So I downloaded and purchased the garmin mobile app. It works great and is outlined extensively in another thread by many people.. MY question is since I no longer need BB maps will removing it cause any unwanted issues? I don't want to mess up anything and am wondering if anyone else have removed it? Thanks.....
    12-14-08 03:41 PM
    No. I've both removed it and reinstalled it.
    12-14-08 03:42 PM
    ok I followed your advice and deleted it... Wow... my phone is useless.. I can't even open up messages. Phone just locks up.. So far 6 battery pulls in the last 8 minutes.... Don't delete BB maps... Unless something else went screwy this was a mistake!
    Last edited by rynoondew; 12-14-08 at 04:51 PM.
    12-14-08 04:44 PM
    I deleted bb messenger a week ago.. no problems.
    12-14-08 04:50 PM
    ok I followed your advice and deleted it... Wow... my phone is useless.. I can't even open up messages. Phone just locks up.. So far 6 battery pulls in the last 8 minutes.... Don't delete BB messenger... Unless something else went screwy this was a mistake!
    The OP didn't say or even HINT at removing BB Messenger. The app in question was BB MAPS. There's a huge difference in these two apps.

Having said that, I have BB Maps and Garmin installed on my Storm and do NOT have BB Messenger installed at all. No need for it as I don't send PIN messages to anyone. My phone works just fine.
    12-14-08 04:51 PM
    I have neither bbmaps or bbmessenger installed.

No issues for me.
    12-14-08 04:59 PM
    on my tenth battery pull....can't even open the browser to download the app OTA...
    12-14-08 05:01 PM
    Ouch. Sorry man. Might want to look into getting a replacement sent out.
    12-14-08 05:09 PM
    how could removing BB maps cause this kind of problem... aaauggh!
    12-14-08 05:17 PM
    Why dont you just try restoring the phone to factory defaults... format the dang thing
    12-14-08 05:28 PM
    This is why you backup your phone before trying crap you aren't sure whats going to happen.
    12-14-08 05:31 PM
    the problem was it was locking up even when connecting to my computer... I finally was able to get it connected without and lock ups and was able to re-install BB maps... and now its works again no problems... Never will I delete BB maps again.. sheesh!
    12-14-08 05:31 PM
    This is why you backup your phone before trying crap you aren't sure whats going to happen.
    i did... thank you for your nice post...
    12-14-08 05:32 PM
    Is the Garmin a one time charge and also does it a turn by turn voice prompts?
    12-14-08 11:37 PM
    I don't have BB maps and haven't had any problems.
    12-15-08 12:34 AM
    Is the Garmin a one time charge and also does it a turn by turn voice prompts?
    Yes and yes
    12-15-08 12:40 AM
    ok I followed your advice and deleted it... Wow... my phone is useless.. I can't even open up messages. Phone just locks up.. So far 6 battery pulls in the last 8 minutes.... Don't delete BB maps... Unless something else went screwy this was a mistake!

not having bb maps on the phone didn't do it..

but something in the uninstall may have you may want to try reloading a backup
    12-15-08 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD