Hello all. I am a new Blackberry Storm and Blackberry OS user. Can someone please let me know how I can synchronize my Palm OS contacts with my Blackberry Storm device? Also, is there a caps lock feature and a numlock feature available when a message is typed?

I appreciate any help anyone can provide and thank you in advance.
    04-20-09 05:02 PM
    Hello all. I am a new Blackberry Storm and Blackberry OS user. Can someone please let me know how I can synchronize my Palm OS contacts with my Blackberry Storm device? Also, is there a caps lock feature and a numlock feature available when a message is typed?

Hold down the up arrow aA / shift key til you see the lock for caps lock, and do the same on the !?123 key for num lock.
    04-20-09 05:05 PM

I think the easiest way would be to sync your Palm contacts with Outlook, and then sync your Storm with Outlook. (You would have to use ActiveSync to put the contacts from your Palm into Outlook, and then use the Desktop Manager to sync your contacts from Outlook to your Storm.)
    04-20-09 05:41 PM
    I also used Outlook to get my contacts, calendar, taks, and memo into my Storm. Worked like a charm.

1. Sync your Palm with Outlook
    2. Sync your Blackberry with Outlook

Also, Desktop Manager has a Device Switch Wizard which I haven't used yet but I think it's meant to do just what you are looking for.
    04-20-09 05:45 PM
    I also used Outlook to get my contacts, calendar, taks, and memo into my Storm. Worked like a charm.

1. Sync your Palm with Outlook
    2. Sync your Blackberry with Outlook

Also, Desktop Manager has a Device Switch Wizard which I haven't used yet but I think it's meant to do just what you are looking for.
    Depending on what Palm device you have, though, the Device Switch Wizard may not work. I read here yesterday (I think) that it doesn't support some of the older Palm devices. It's worth a shot, though!
    04-20-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD