OK so i moved from the Blackberry Pearl to the Blackblackberry Storm. I was cool with my pearl. I really like my Storm. But one thing I never really understood about them. and yes this has probably already been brought up.

i got all of this screen... and a picture that is the size of a large thumbnail. Seriously? can we take up half the screen? I wouldn't imagine that it is any less professional having a large picture as oppose to a small picture.

also. yes I know they have programs$$$ for the phones that give you the ability to have full screen caller ID. but you'd think that it would be something that could just be put in standard. And to do that, you have to re-associate all of your pictures to the contacts again. Many times the program has to bypass all of the normal profile functions.

So basically why is it that something so simple couldn't be put standard?
    01-25-09 05:26 PM
    exactly

im trying to bring this post back to life as i too (im sure almost all storm users too) would like to see the callers pic as big as the screen.

will .113 or .146 fix that?
    04-05-09 04:56 PM
    If it was that big of a concern, don't you think this would have got a reply in less than 2 months?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 05:07 PM
    exactly
    To be considered a "fix" would mean that it's not working the way they intended. Do you know that the specifications of the phone indicate it should be full screen?

If not, it would be considered a "change", not a "fix". And that would require they change the requirement stating how it is supposed to work. Every little detail like this is spec'd in terms of system requirements.

I'd love it to be full screen myself - not trying to be a smart a$$ about it. But I work in software, and the subtle differences in those terms make a world of difference.
    04-05-09 05:22 PM
    Yup, QFT.

And no, .113 and .114 do not change this.

To be considered a "fix" would mean that it's not working the way they intended. Do you know that the specifications of the phone indicate it should be full screen?

If not, it would be considered a "change", not a "fix". And that would require they change the requirement stating how it is supposed to work. Every little detail like this is spec'd in terms of system requirements.

I'd love it to be full screen myself - not trying to be a smart a$$ about it. But I work in software, and the subtle differences in those terms make a world of difference.
    u
    04-05-09 06:26 PM
    exactly

im trying to bring this post back to life as i too (im sure almost all storm users too) would like to see the callers pic as big as the screen.

Did you just pull these numbers from your a s s ? .113 didn't "fix" it and nobody has .146 to my knowledge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 06:45 PM
    This needs to get fixed. Every other phone I have had has a bigger caller ID picture. I want to be able to look at it quickly and know who it is without peering at a tiny thumbnail.
    04-20-09 05:20 PM
    This needs to get fixed. Every other phone I have had has a bigger caller ID picture. I want to be able to look at it quickly and know who it is without peering at a tiny thumbnail.
    I find reading the caller ID information to be very helpful in this regard.
    04-20-09 05:37 PM
    i can't read. maybe the next implementation of the hardware update is to mount my reading glasses upon the blackberry helmet. i don't have enough cargo room for all of my required components...
    car battery to avoid having to charge every day...
    side and rear view mirrors to avoid colissions when using my storm...
    micro fiber "windshield" wiper...
    the list goes on and on...
    04-20-09 05:49 PM
    right on - I didn't buy this phone because I wanted to spend all day reading! lol.
    05-05-09 06:02 PM
    What did you expect something nice and simple like the iPhone?
    You know, nice HUGE picture and name...
    I mean that's lame...
    05-05-09 06:52 PM
    to quote apple "there's an ap for that"
    Toysoft Development, Inc. - full screen picture id for blackberry

free trial

I find reading the caller ID information to be very helpful in this regard.
    that's what i was thinking hahaha

if kids want a shiny toy they can go for the itoy. that's what it was built for (not so much for calling, mms, multitasking, etc etc etc)
    05-05-09 08:01 PM
    I don't think it needs to be full screen, but it's difficult to believe assigned pictures can't be made significantly larger than the small thumbnail that's currently displayed.
    05-05-09 08:50 PM
    I would try PhoneFace. I've been running the trial now for a few weeks on my phone, and I like it a lot. It's not a "full" full screen but it's a larger picture with black background. What I like about it also is it will sync with Facebook/Twitter to keep that contacts picture refreshing and new and provide pictures for contacts that I don't have a picture of on my phone. I forget the link but if you search the store you should be able to find it w/o a problem.

Also, this is really turning into a 3rd party app thread. You should search there for more answers.
    05-05-09 09:18 PM
    It won't be fixed because nothing is broken. It is working as intended. There are 3rd party apps if an individual needs a enlarged picture. Many phones have the same complaint.
    05-05-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD