Sorry if this is a stupid question BUT....

I upgraded to .75 last night through DM. Since then I don't have a browser button or an applications button. Does anyone know how to get those back? I have searched on here and tried to play with it myself and I am stuck

Thanks in advance!
    12-11-08 08:09 AM
    press the bb key to go to your full icon menu.

press the bb key->show all.

They could have gotten hidden somehow.

To unhide, simply hover over one and press the bb key->uncheck hide

If that's not the case, i'm not sure. Beats me.
    12-11-08 08:13 AM
    when i do that there isn't even a "show all" option...

thanks tho!
    12-11-08 08:23 AM
    Sorry if this is a stupid question BUT....

I upgraded to .75 last night through DM. Since then I don't have a browser button or an applications button. Does anyone know how to get those back? I have searched on here and tried to play with it myself and I am stuck

Thanks in advance!
    go to manage connections and make sure it's turned back on.

call *228, select option 1.

go to options>advanced options>host routing table>menu key>register now.

you should now have your browser back.
    12-11-08 08:24 AM
    it won't let me turn anything back on and when i call *228 it just beeps....ugh! I just wish i didn't upgrade!
    12-11-08 08:34 AM
    it won't let me turn anything back on and when i call *228 it just beeps....ugh! I just wish i didn't upgrade!
    did you do the "manage connections" first?
    12-11-08 08:36 AM
    ya i went there but there is no option for the browser.
    12-11-08 08:55 AM
    ya i went there but there is no option for the browser.

Jules,
    If you did a wipe before you upgraded than these options were also wiped. When you reinstall the OS (even if you did not wipe before the upgrade) you need to reselect these options to be placed back on your phone. Try the upgrade procedure from step one again. When it finds the OS to upgrade to it should also find the available features. Scroll through the list and find the features you want/need and make sure they're selected to install.

Hope this helps.

Keep on Crackin'
    12-11-08 09:05 AM
    thanks! I'll have to wait till tonight, since i am at work now. But i appreciate the help!
    12-11-08 09:08 AM
    Dingbat, listen to what people are telling you... well, maybe not everything that phonebreaker is.

Go to Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table. Hit Menu and Register. That'll push all your basic BB service books back down. If you need your email ones, you'll need to do that from the BIS website or from the email setup app on the phone.

Also, had you done a proper and correct upgrade from DM (by selecting a full backup/restore during the update process) you wouldn't have run into this because all your settings and databases (including the service books) would have been restored on your phone after the update took place.

If you must, do a battery pull once before doing all of this, just to make sure your network connectivity comes back up.
    12-11-08 09:09 AM
    well, maybe not everything that phonebreaker is.
    Uh huh, well,,,Frickin гражданское знает его все, don' t думает что гений вещи гения пошел незамеченный, но вы все же никогда не будете иметь путь с словами одного и единственным кирпичом телефона заблуждаться...
    12-11-08 09:33 AM
    Actually i DID do a full backup/restore
    12-11-08 09:41 AM
    You may just need to try the upgrade again. if there's no option you might need to downgrade to .65 again then upgrade
    12-11-08 09:45 AM
    alright...when i try to go to a web site it says "Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries...contact your service provider, bla bla bla."
    Is there anything i can do to fix this using my BB or should i call verizon? Or should i wait till i am on my PC to do something through DM. I am so frustrated right now!
    12-11-08 10:20 AM
    Go to Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table. Hit Menu and Register. That'll push all your basic BB service books back down.
    12-11-08 10:27 AM
    when i do that it just says registration menu sent & then nothing happens...
    12-11-08 10:33 AM
    If it 's still not working you may want to go into Advanced/Service Book and delete the Blackberry Internet Browsing Service and then Register again
    12-11-08 10:37 AM
    i did that and it just says "registarion message sent." then nothing...

and now my email doesn't work either! ugh!
    12-11-08 10:43 AM
    sorry, i just saw your new message...i'll try that...
    12-11-08 10:44 AM
    there is no Blackberry Internet Browsing Service on that list
    12-11-08 10:46 AM
    Uh huh, well,,,Frickin гражданское знает его все, don' t думает что гений вещи гения пошел незамеченный, но вы все же никогда не будете иметь путь с словами одного и единственным кирпичом телефона заблуждаться...
    Вы делаете мной смех. I don' t должен быть славен для того чтобы получить мой пункт поперек, I' ve работая с этими приборами много более длинними после этого вы имеете. Все которое потребовано персона слушает и делает чего они сказано. Однако, I' ve споткнулся прошлый несколько ваших столбов которые имели неправильный info в их в прошлом. That' s почему я сказал чего я сказал.
    12-11-08 11:00 AM
    i did that and it just says "registarion message sent." then nothing...

and now my email doesn't work either! ugh!
    Do another backup just to be safe. Then go into Options/Security/General, hit Menu and Wipe. Follow the instructions. When the phone comes back up after the data wipe, try to dial out and see if it works, if it does, then go into Options/Advanced/HRT and reregister again and see if the Service Books come through. If they do, then test browsing and if that works as well, then restore your backup. If for some reason the problem comes back after the backup is restored, you might have some kind of issue with that. If none of this works, you'll need to call Verizon and find out if they have your account properly provisioned for this phone, but if it was working fine before the upgrade, there is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't work after the upgrade, as provisioing is not affected by that. Good luck.
    12-11-08 11:05 AM
    alright. Thank you. you have no idea how anxious i am to get home & do this!! I just want to be up & running again...
    Thanks again!
    12-11-08 11:12 AM
    Try this, pull your battery, pull your sim card and leave it out. it slides right out, , put your battery back in, after the reboot is done, try to turn mobile network on in manage connections.
    After it comes on you should be able to do the *228 and routing register.
    12-11-08 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD