My company got 2 Storms last week. With the first one I had issues where the phone locked up (once withing 10 minutes of turning on) or rebooting. On day 2, it rebooted twice while sitting in the passenger seat of my car.

I called my corporate Verizon rep and he said that since the phone is on .75, it shouldn't have any problems like that and ordered me a replacement phone.

While waiting on that phone, I moved to the 2nd Storm. While not as frequent, it's having similar problems too. Typically, it's when I pull it out of the holster. Either it'll be frozen or in the process of rebooting.

Are these typical problems for someone on .75? Could I possibly have received 2 bad Storms?

He says that .90 is coming out in the near future and that may fix my issues.
    02-24-09 07:47 AM
    I am running .103 and just pulled mine out of the leather BB VZW holster and it froze with a bunch of lines in it, black and white lines.
    This was a first for me.
    02-24-09 07:50 AM
    My company got 2 Storms last week. With the first one I had issues where the phone locked up (once withing 10 minutes of turning on) or rebooting. On day 2, it rebooted twice while sitting in the passenger seat of my car.

I called my corporate Verizon rep and he said that since the phone is on .75, it shouldn't have any problems like that and ordered me a replacement phone.

While waiting on that phone, I moved to the 2nd Storm. While not as frequent, it's having similar problems too. Typically, it's when I pull it out of the holster. Either it'll be frozen or in the process of rebooting.

Are these typical problems for someone on .75? Could I possibly have received 2 bad Storms?

He says that .90 is coming out in the near future and that may fix my issues.

I dont know if they are typical, but I am running .75 and have started to get a lot of restart issues. It was once in a while at first, but not my phone restarts itself randomly several times a day. I am thinking about calling verizon next week.
    02-24-09 08:01 AM
    I have a Storm with .75 software and a Blackberry holdster. About 3 times a day when I pull it out of the holdster, the Storm will be in the process of a restart. (ie White screen with clock icon) Takes several minutes to complete the reboot, which is a pain. Called Verizon tech support today and they just said to wipe the BB and see if that helps. I'll try it later today and report back in a week or so.
    Last edited by subterFUSE; 02-24-09 at 09:43 AM.
    02-24-09 09:41 AM
    I am running a .75 I am having the same problem. It shuts off all the time and know when I lock it, it takes forever to unlock. I am also thinking of calling Verizon, they need more apps. Have you messed with the ringtones yet, it is a headache when you put it on vibrate it still rings and if you assign a ringtone to someone you can't turn it off. I am having serious doubts about this phone, I might should have went with the Iphone, but I need a Blackberry. Is anyone else having these problems.
    02-24-09 11:45 AM
    I just updated my Storm to .109 and have seen it rebooting once so far when taking it out of the leather pouch supplied with the phone. I was seeing it reboot twice a day under the last official release so I figured I would try the leaked OS to see if it resolved the issue. So far no fix.
    02-24-09 12:51 PM
    I had heard this was a big issue that would be taken care of next Os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD