Having trouble getting the Freedom2 keyboard to work, here's the fix

Here's the answer from the company
    Here are the steps to follow to change the "Keystroke Injection"> On the Bold and Storm this is now called Input Simulation.

1) Go to Options or Setting (icon that looks like a monkey wrench)
    2) Highlight Advanced Options press track ball in
    3) Then highlight Applications press track ball in, a application list will build.
    4) It should say at the top Blackberry 4.2 or 4.3 Core Applications, highlight this and press the MENU button (spotty button next to track ball) and MODULES
    5) At the top will be Btkbd42, highlight and then press the MENU button(spotty button) then Edit Permissions.
    6) Highlight Custom on the Interaction section and press the MENU button(spotty button) then Expand.
    7) In the list should be Input Simulation, is it set still to Deny if so change to Allow. Click the Back button it will ask to Save changes highlight yes and continue.

This should now have changed it and you can go back and try and connect the keyboard.

If it is already changed to Allow then please can you perform a soft reset on your Blackberry by pulling out the battery whilst it is still switched on, this will then apply any settings you have changed successfully.

THE BATTERY PULL COMPLETES THE SETUP AND IT WORKS GREAT
    11-26-08 11:31 AM
    I followed the above directions, but when I get to the Input Simulation, it doesn't allow me to choose anything but "Deny". For all the other items listed I have the ability to choose, but for the Input Simulation I don't. My phone is a personal phone, and not connected to my office's enterprise server, so I should have access to make any changes necessary, no?
    12-27-08 10:28 AM
    Hey all..my problem is different but thought I would use an old thread.

I just received the Freedom keyboard2 from Crackberry store and followed the directions to install the driver. I installed OTA, via PC AND via CD..all the same problem. When I click on Activate Keyboard I get an error box pop up that says " This keyboard is not supported by these drivers"

I definitely installed the only drivers available..if not supported by these drivers..why send them on the CD in the box!! There are no other drivers!

I already changed the input stimulation to allow. I did a battery pull..same problem.

I have been reading that Freedom is not really customer supportive (though the back of their box says "Gold Standard after sales support"...yeah..not from what I read.

SO I am hoping someone here has experienced the same thing with the STorm. in the reviews area, I have read a few Storm users who said they had no problems installing the keyboard and making it work.

Any help woudl be appreciated. I leave for a biz trip in a few days and this really helps me answer emails when I cannot use my laptop in some wireless deadzones for my laptop!! SIgh!

Patty
    03-12-09 08:09 PM
    What is the freedom2 keyboard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 09:04 PM
    I'm having the same problem, I am told on the screen that the drive I have is wrong, but that can't be possible since I got it directly from the Freedom website. My OS is 4.7 and I chose the 4.2 or higher option when I installed the drivers on the phone. I don't get it. Truly any help would be fantastic from those who have successfully connected to this keyboard with the Storm.
    Thanks,
    lavabreak1
    01-03-10 02:21 AM
    I'm having the same problem, I am told on the screen that the drive I have is wrong, but that can't be possible since I got it directly from the Freedom website. My OS is 4.7 and I chose the 4.2 or higher option when I installed the drivers on the phone. I don't get it. Truly any help would be fantastic from those who have successfully connected to this keyboard with the Storm.
    Thanks,
    lavabreak1
    hi! I actually did get mine to work back after my last post in March. I don't recall what exactly I did to make it work but it worked all the way through to October when I upgraded the OS to 5.0 and the only thing that stopped working was my keyboard. Turns out Freedom had not yet updated the driver for 5.0 and above. I had emailed the company from their website with my problems and did get a reply that they were working on a new driver and would keep me on a list when the new driver was ready. true to their word, I was contacted a short time later that the driver was ready and they gave me instructions on how to download the new driver. I thought I saved the email but cannot locate it.

BUT...I would suggest you contact them directly with your exact issues and you should receive a reply! It WILL work..just got to get the right drivers and the right settings. there are some settings you have to change as well. If I can dig up the old email..I will come back here and post.
    01-03-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD