so i am currently using .99 on my vzw storm. Im glad to see that the random freezes are now far and few. but it seems like i am being alerted that now i am running low on application memory. i dont want to restart to free more memory up but i have already tried shutting down the programs that showed to be running when i held the BB button. what else should i do. im kind of happy its not restarting on me, would be pointless if i had to manually restart it now to have it function right.
    02-06-09 01:19 AM
    Only cure for this is a battery pull. You can try LogMaid but i haven't really seen this app to be a difference maker
    02-06-09 01:21 AM
    quickpull is awesome basically does a battery pull with out actually having to pull out the battery (nice for me, because i have it in a case and its just kind of a pain) findable here:

QuickPull | Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software

sorry i couldn't find it on the crackberry store for some reason
    02-06-09 02:22 AM
    Try memory cleaning feature in options, security options, memory cleaning.
    You could make this feature appear as icon on desktop too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 06:32 AM
    Thats what i've done, memory cleaning icon on my desktop, also clear my event log at the end of each day...usually do a quick pull reset every couple of days.

you can find quick pull direct link fro the ota thread here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...thread-107305/
    02-06-09 06:39 AM
    Unless you are using apps that are "leaky" or don't release properly when they are closed you shouldn't be seeing terrible losses on a daily basis.

With heavy use, I go from 45 to 35 in a 18 hr day.

That being said, I do a soft reset every night before I put it on the charger. It's silly to fight the pull (LOL).
    02-06-09 07:49 AM
    Try memory cleaning feature in options, security options, memory cleaning.
    You could make this feature appear as icon on desktop too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is a security feature not a true memory cleaning application.

As stated:
    QuickPull and Logmaid will do what you're looking for.
    02-06-09 08:12 AM
    It may be a security feature but the security feature is also a bit of a memory hog. Try it...you will see some positive gains in your Application Memory. I don't know if it compromises security.. but then...how much security can you actually have on an unencrytpted device that broadcasts a radio signal...go figure. I wouldn't do any banking or stock trading over one of these but I suspect that some have...
    02-06-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD