Why are all these people getting excited that the Storm could possibly be free....just because Vodafone is doing it...doesn't mean Verizon would do it....if it is exclusively for Verizon, it would totally be a dumb idea if it was free because everyone would have one or soon would...ppl plz think about this...they would make no $$$...

I had to get it off my chest......just my .002
    11-01-08 01:14 PM
    exactly, it ain't gonna happen, the mobile phone business in the uk is completely different you can't really compare the prices.
    11-01-08 01:23 PM
    Well that may be true BUT people still dream and if it was free I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem snatching one up as well. It's just human nature to hope that you get what others have. as far as if it is free somewhere why can this place get it free. that is the way it works. I mean I wouldn't complain if i got it coompletely free lol!! I'd be happy and hope that others could get it as well. But I am a little greedy and want it priced so it will be limited the little devil in my wants that to happen lol!!
    11-01-08 01:58 PM
    **DISCLAIMER** Another he said she said **

Me and my bud work at verizon, he said his friend in the store had a meeting and price should be $200ish and dropping November 15th. Atleast this is 3 verizon reps talking between another, but ya know how word can die out between person to person
    11-01-08 02:00 PM
    Why are all these people getting excited that the Storm could possibly be free....just because Vodafone is doing it...doesn't mean Verizon would do it....if it is exclusively for Verizon, it would totally be a dumb idea if it was free because everyone would have one or soon would...ppl plz think about this...they would make no $$$...

Not exactly. Unlikely yes but doesn't mean they would make no money. Think about how Vodafone can justoify giving away free storms on contracts...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 04:55 PM
    the only way to justify the giving away of free storms would be through contracts but would have to raise contracts price

pick your poison basically more expensive phone or more expensive contract
    11-02-08 04:57 PM
    the only way to justify the giving away of free storms would be through contracts but would have to raise contracts price

pick your poison basically more expensive phone or more expensive contract
    or people just get a normal contract and pay for that... VZW banks off of voice and data plans, not off of phones. only way they lose money is if someone buys the phone at 2 yr contract, then cancels with an ETF, as long as the customer pays their bill for the 2 years, they make a ton of money
    11-02-08 04:59 PM

I haven't seen anyone on CB say it would be free. Anyways, the Storm with a contract will be less than the Iphone.
    11-02-08 06:27 PM
    Man I hope that this is some insider info from you crucial! That would be music to my ears and my wallet! I really wanted to use the rest of my money to buy some other stuff! I have been saving up.
    11-02-08 06:58 PM
    there is no waaay n the world big v would gve the storm away for free...its insane to even consider the notion
    11-02-08 08:17 PM
    If crucial is right and it is less than the iphone with a contract I will still be estatic! I think that it will be a big win for VZ. Wonder if Apple caught wind of it and that is why there is a rumor that they also might lower their price.
    11-02-08 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD