Free Droid X from Best Buy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just took my Storm back to Verizon for the 4th time and they said there was nothing they could do because its out of warranty. Because I bought it at Best Buy I have a third party insurer. Went to Best Buy to see about a possible replacement on insurance and the girl said they have NO more storms but she would replace it with an Android. I said I really wanted to wait until the Droid X came out. She said, No problem, took my name, filled out all the paperwork and will have one waiting for me free of charge on July 14th. Those of you who bought your Storms at Best Buy and still have a couple of weeks left on your contract, go to Best Buy NOW and get a free Droid X replacement with no new 2 year contract!!
    06-29-10 11:06 AM
    WoW...makes me wish I would of went to Best Buy instead of Verizon. I'm thinking about trying to get me an S2 as a replacement (assuming they don't have anymore S1's to give out) to hold me over until the S3 or a Driod.
    06-29-10 01:28 PM
    Ill never leave BB! Got a Droid and its do do ! I don't care about games and stuff though. Lol. Wife Droid. Me storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 09:03 PM
    Does it include three batteries? I like mobile phones that are... you know... mobile.
    06-29-10 10:36 PM
    ^ the droidX has a very good battery look at the reviews.

wow OP, btw its the 15th they are released.
    07-01-10 07:47 PM
    Nice, I bought mine from Verizon though so I'll just fork over the $299 on July 15th.
    07-02-10 09:33 AM
    Nice, I bought mine from Verizon though so I'll just fork over the $299 on July 15th.
    Its actually $199.99 with new 2 year contract.
    07-02-10 06:08 PM
    nope its ^ 299.99 with a 100 Main in rebate.

So yes he needs to fork over 300 bucks
    07-03-10 05:09 PM
    nope. Only if you buy it in the store. If you buy it online its and instant $100 rebate so its only $199

07-03-10 05:56 PM
    ^ Yes, but he never implied if he is going to buy it online and said 299.99 which is the in store price.

So it would seem he is going to buy it in store.
    07-03-10 07:35 PM
    that is true. They send it 2 day shipping for free from the internet. So I would rather just wait the 2 says to get the phone and get the instant $100 rebate then pay $299 and wait 6 weeks for Verizon to send you a dumb visa check card. They don't even send a check that you can put in your bank account.

07-03-10 07:40 PM
    Ill never leave BB! Got a Droid and its do do ! I don't care about games and stuff though. Lol. Wife Droid. Me storm!

Hahaha! This from someone with a 9530?
    07-03-10 08:26 PM
    Hahaha! This from someone with a 9530?
    The 9530 was Rims shot to compete in the smart phone market and has been left in the dust. I'm not eating dust with them! Now, if and when the storm 3 comes out I'll give it a look and see what they have to offer, but imo they got a lot of catching up to do. Rim might as well join the special olympics, they'll never catch up!
    07-04-10 10:42 AM
    dan266,

The same was said about Motorola. However, to get back in the game, Motorola needed someone else to develop the OS (i.e. Google's Android).

I hope, as has been speculated on some other threads, that RIM will adopt another OS (based on their QNX purchase this year). Even MS has had to reconstruct their OS due to new hardware and customer requirements. It is time for RIM to do the same. I just hope they do it with a forward looking perspective.

As for the DroidX? I'm looking at it VERY hard. I just hope RIM will throw us a bone before July 15. IMO, that would be their smart move. I can't imagine anything they are coming up with that their competitors would either (1) care about (e.g. SurePress) or (2) would be able to respond to before RIM (SHOULD) release the S3.

Time will tell...

Scott
    07-04-10 01:15 PM
    I agree Scott, RIM was the finest handheld computer maker for many years. I can not imagine that they will just sit on their hands and watch their stock plummet. They were the leaders in the market and they probably will be in the future. Don't count them out till the fat lady sings. But in the mean time i'll try the DriodX and if I dont like it or RIM comes out with something better I'll give it to my daughter. At 11 years old she'll love it.
    07-04-10 03:01 PM
    dan266,

I hear that! My 10 year old daughter would probably LOVE to have one!

Scott
    07-08-10 03:48 AM
    Does it include three batteries? I like mobile phones that are... you know... mobile.
    And the STORM has such great battery life???
    07-08-10 10:04 AM
    I agree Scott, RIM was the finest handheld computer maker for many years. I can not imagine that they will just sit on their hands and watch their stock plummet. They were the leaders in the market and they probably will be in the future. Don't count them out till the fat lady sings. But in the mean time i'll try the DriodX and if I dont like it or RIM comes out with something better I'll give it to my daughter. At 11 years old she'll love it.
    You ARE living in the past, man. RIM's "technology" is dying by the day. They are only the leader in leaking memory, battery pulls, and rebranding existing phones because they couldn't get it right the first time. They are so far behind HTC and MOTO right now, its not funny. They are not currently nor will be ever again, the industry leaders. They WILL sit on their hands and do nothing, thats what theyre best at!
    07-09-10 08:34 PM
    I guess my bottom line can be summed up by something I used to say in a class I taught at the university (which sparked some GREAT discussions), "Businesses are frequently successful IN SPITE OF, NOT BECAUSE OF their (top level) management."

I think this is the case of RIM and, like GM, they have been coasting too long in the tech world and may not catch up again.

Then again, I thought Motorola was dead meat. On the other hand, they had to have someone else's OS to save themselves...

Scott
    07-12-10 10:07 AM
    Its actually $199.99 with new 2 year contract.
    After mail in rebate.

Getting it from Best Buy, it's just $199.99.
    07-12-10 10:36 AM
    Then again, I thought Motorola was dead meat. On the other hand, they had to have someone else's OS to save themselves...

Scott
    Motorola going with Google's OS was one of the best decisions they could have ever made. Now they can focus just on the hardware end whick is where there strong oints are anyway.

RIM should look at Motorola's mistake when they costed on the Razer phone far too long.
    07-12-10 11:06 AM
    These things never happen to me. Poor poor poor me. All these stories of people having problems with their phones and getting upgrades. Enough of me pouting. Congrats man...... welcome to the dark side.
    07-13-10 03:56 AM
    Free Droid X from Best Buy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.... I said I really wanted to wait until the Droid X came out. She said, No problem, took my name, filled out all the paperwork and will have one waiting for me free of charge on July 14th. ....
    So did you get your Droid?
    07-15-10 02:13 PM
    yeah I want to know how it went. My year manuf. warranty for my S1 ends August 22nd so im trying to decide wether I should return my phone now for something dumb like dust under the screen and get a refurb from Verizon, ORRRRRR if I should wait a month and then complain to best buy about something else and get a droidX.

Please let me know how it goes
    07-15-10 02:20 PM
    NE2 is $99
    07-15-10 03:54 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD