alright..the whole lack of a good threaded sms has annoyed me from the get go....but today while at a conferance I had an epiphany...i have saved emails that once i delete them from my inbox they are in the saved folder...saved messages are hidden on my storm...so enough background...here is the fix that works great and ill give even more reason why...

First make sure under options and general settings for messages that you have saved messages hidden...then when you recieve a txt from someone in stead of just replying and then deleting it first do menu save message...you can then reply and when done delete the message...when you recieve the reply back the message will have the original...your reply and then the next reply...so is it dumb to have to have this extra step...kind of....why kind of...because i can now control whos messages are saved in threaded form...that saves on memory....i dont need to have weather alerts threaded or my score updates....all that the other phones do is save the messages to the phone automatically but if you dont want to have to waste memory this is a great thing...it works awesome and we now have threaded sms in our control....i have not seen this any where els so i hope this is not a duplicate...

hope this is beneficial.....
    03-28-09 08:43 PM
    just wondering is this a new thing or did i just figure something out that everyone else already knew
    03-30-09 02:08 PM
    Huh! SMS messages on my Storm have always been threaded....
    03-30-09 02:23 PM
    It sounds like the reason the OP's aren't threaded is because he deletes all of his SMS messages. I don't really understand how that is saving you very much memory though.

Mine have always been threaded too but I guess that is because I never delete the old ones.

I think there is a setting where you can tell the Storm how long to keep each message, that way you don't have to delete manually and you can prevent your SMS log from getting too large (and solve your threaded SMS problem)
    03-30-09 02:39 PM
    i do delete all of my recieved because having 200-300 txt messages is kind of cluttered looking...so this was a good solution..yeah its 1 extra step but it works great..and I just got word that threaded txt is being heavily watched and will be addressed shortly.. :-)
    03-30-09 04:17 PM
    I can't even begin to understand what you are doing lol! It's already threaded, but is nowhere near decent. Deleting? Saving?
    03-30-09 04:30 PM
    I can't even begin to understand what you are doing lol! It's already threaded, but is nowhere near decent. Deleting? Saving?

honestly it is not true threaded unless you save all of your recieved messages...try this...when you recieve messages from someone in a conversation...reply back but after their reply to you delete the message...then after a few it will look like threaded but you will then notice that all it is saving are the messages you send them...it wont have their responses to you
    03-30-09 04:44 PM
    honestly it is not true threaded unless you save all of your recieved messages...try this...when you recieve messages from someone in a conversation...reply back but after their reply to you delete the message...then after a few it will look like threaded but you will then notice that all it is saving are the messages you send them...it wont have their responses to you
    So why delete them? If you keep them, no deleting/saving, when you open the most recent text, sent or rec, the entire conversation will show.
    03-30-09 04:54 PM
    I don't get blackberry on this one. They have a perfect threaded interface in bbm. Why sms looks so crappy is a mystery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 04:59 PM
    Im gona save, delete and all that just to see a convo? Lol **** no.

BB has this specific way of doing sms I think because they want to be different, but what I don't get is why don't they just give us what WE want and stop trying to be different. I want threaded sms the way it is for BBMS, it's not a big deal.
    03-30-09 05:02 PM
    I don't get blackberry on this one. They have a perfect threaded interface in bbm. Why sms looks so crappy is a mystery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Honestly, I think the sms inbox looks cool. It has a very professional design if you know what I mean; HOWEVER; the BBMS which is a little more kiddy looking is much more practical and easier to use. I would like it if they can somehow mix both bbms and sms.
    03-30-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD