I currently have a phone that looks like a blackberry storm but is a knock off. the phone has its own OS that also looks like blackberries but is garbage. I was trying to figure out how to load blackberries software onto the phone if it is at all possible.
    I have tried to use the jl cmder and also MFI muiltloader and cannot get ether of them to load(but they do work). I have also tried to use the application loader but it does not see the phone or show anything in the com port selection drop down on the second screen and the option to detect communication port is also gray.
    So my question. Is there any way to force the OS onto the phone that is not from blackberry? Or reformat the flash?
    08-22-09 01:02 AM
    did you get a Blockberry? Is that the one with the tv antenna?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 01:05 AM
    Wow....this is a first for me...

Why would you even consider this as a purchase?
    08-22-09 01:07 AM
    I'm laughing on this one. Sorry neversurpassed, I don't mean to make fun. Just think, we're over here ******** about $10 vcast and you have a fully functioning TV with antenna on yours.

P.S. I doubt what you're trying to do is possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 01:13 AM
    you will not be able to load an OS by RIM. The hardware in your phone is different than the real storm and therefore the drivers that are needed are not going to be included with any OS from RIM.
    08-22-09 01:37 AM
    oh and just for shats and giggles, please post pics
    08-22-09 01:42 AM
    it looked good and it does work. i can watch tv but the ui is not even on the scale of the rim. i got it to see if it was a way if i could do it and have a fully functional blackberry it could have been a great success but now it is just a suck. it is not really a waste like i said before because it does work. i will post some pics.
    but i have to post ten or more in order to put picks
    08-22-09 11:23 AM
    so get to posting. We would love to see that thing.
    08-22-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD