im trying to rearrange my icons and organize my phone, but ive run into a roadblock... folders cannot be put into folders. i dont really understand why this is. have i just not figured out how to do it?

for example, all of my messaging services have their own folder, but id like to move that folder into the applications folder so there is less clutter on the home screen.

anyone have advice?
    03-31-09 10:25 PM
    Can't do it.
    03-31-09 10:29 PM
    To my knowledge... and I could be wrong, the phone only supports 2 levels of folders (home screen and the folders in it). This is done to preserve the memory and speed of the phone. I just changed to .113 and even it is still only to levels deep. Sorry
    03-31-09 10:29 PM
    I also wanted folder in a folder set up to organize my device, and it CAN be done in the pictures diretory

I found the only way to do it is when it's connected to the PC, open My Computer and browse to that drive letter, then create your folders from there..

When you go back to the device, the folders are there and you are allowed to move things into them.

I haven't figured out how to do it with other locations, but it SHOULD be possible. If it isn't then it's an oversight.

A Blackberry should help you stay organized, and having folders is one way of helping to do that..

Jamie
    03-31-09 10:46 PM
    that is true, it does help with organization... on the flip side though... the deeper the level of folders goes, the more memory it takes to process them all. You can have 8 folders in one screen, and processing will be pretty quick... However, take those 8 folders and put one inside the next, and now it takes 4x the memory to process the same files. That would be the ONLY reason I would think they would have not given that capability.
    03-31-09 10:50 PM
    two kinds of folders being discussed:
    media folders

home screen folders

media folders can have sub folders
    home screen can't

simple enough?
    03-31-09 10:50 PM
    yeah, that boils it down... just think of your media folders as albums instead of folders.
    03-31-09 10:54 PM
    Yea I need a folder in my apps folder for games lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD