Hello everything, this is my first thread and posting on this forum. I did my searches, and I hope that this is useful/helpful information .

Anyways long story short I got my first ever BlackBerry today, a brand-spanking-new Storm! Anyway, one of my good friends has had a Storm for a few weeks now, and so he came with me to make sure everything went smoothly, since I was also switching companies. My storm once they put into my hands, I played around with for a bit, and the first thing I noticed was the clicking. It was well... it was like in the commercials I watched on youtube. I pointed it out to my friend, and we compared his too mine and we found:

1. His screen shifted up-down-left-right, inside the casing [VS.] Mine, which moved so very little that we didn't even notice at the store. Once home we examined it more, and it is so minimal words cannot describe how very little it moves.

2. My click was uniform all over. So uniform in fact that, if I closed my eyes, and clicked anywhere on the screen the edges would feel the same as the centre, I felt/knew no difference. Also my Storm's clicking sound was like a less amplified version of the commercials on youtube. [VS.] My friend's which was using the business card trick, and still did not have a uniform click, and needless to say the sound of the actual click was also nothing like mine.

3.On my friend's, the sleeve, from which the actual box holding the Storm slides out had the "includes: music/movies" blue circle on it. Do you know what I am talking about? Basically his storm came with those complimentary songs and music videos. [VS.] Mine just had the Babylon AD trailer, nothing else. My box did not have that blue circle on it.

So my friend was on day 29 of his 30 days, and he decided to try for an exchange. We took his Storm and my Storm back, and the Telus Representative even said something along the lines of "wow what a difference," because he took his Storm out and his was similar to my friends, and mine was literally flawless. So he went and got a new Storm for us, one without the blue circle as we requested; and took it out for my friend to examine and it was just like mine. We did the exchange for my buddy and the rest is history .

Just thought I would share this, in the event somebody else is still within their 30 days, and can exchange. The exclusion of the complimentary music/video is evidence that these Storms are very new, and so just go in and try asking them to get you a box without the circle on it. I really recommend it, because my buddy says its like a whole new device, and well I personally love my Storm...

If you have any questions, just post them I will check back.
    Last edited by DrCoolBerry; 04-13-09 at 10:16 PM.
    04-13-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD