hey guys how do you turn off the initial flash on stop when its auto focusing? I rather have that light off then when the camera does take the flash can come on. Any ideas?
    04-05-09 03:11 PM
    You really should be more specific when posting a new thread. I got excited there for a second.

To answer your question... it's not possible as of now. We have to deal with the flash, on the camera, blinding people.
    04-05-09 03:15 PM
    That's not how autofocus works. If it's going to flash to take a pic, then it needs to flash to autofocus and also calibrate the FStop of the lens. Digital SLRs work the same way. Think about it, it needs the same amount of light before the pic is taken as when the pic is taken, otherwise the pic would be either too dark or blown out. Make sense?
    04-05-09 03:15 PM
    Not all digital SLRs flash when auto-focusing. Come to think of it, I don't know of a single camera that does. The only time you see the flash is when you take the pic. You don't have to sit there and blind people as the camera grabs it's focal point.
    04-05-09 03:18 PM
    Not all digital SLRs flash when auto-focusing. Come to think of it, I don't know of a single camera that does. The only time you see the flash is when you take the pic. You don't have to sit there and blind people as the camera grabs it's focal point.
    But we are not talking about a standalone camera, it's firmware is dedicated to one thing and one thing only. A standalone camera has an adequately sized lense that has the ability to let in far more light than the smallish lense on camera phones like the Storm, therefore it can make a much better decision with far less light. Civic is right, the Storm software has to have an idea of what kind of exposure it's going to get in order to make the best decision about how to take the picture. A larger lense is the only solution to this particular problem especially when there is an inadequate or nonexistant source of external lighting.
    04-05-09 03:25 PM
    The only time I've seen a digital camera SLR or point and shoot flash before taking the picture is when you have red eye protection enabled.
    04-05-09 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD