Just a little help. Aight I've got a BB Storm 9530. I had it on the Alltel network. So it worked perfectly. Now, turns out Verizon bought Alltel(Old News), and when this happened they switched over in my area. So now I can legitimately have a storm. However, now it has switched over and I'm losing alot of the Verizon functionality. Like GPS, and MyVerizon app. I know it doesn't sound like much but it turns out compared to my wife's Tour and its functions, mine is lacking quite a bit. So basically I want to know how to turn my Storm which was used on the Alltel network into a Storm on the Verizon network. Basically I need to know the best way to Flash my Storm... Thanks for any help.

Jeff
    11-18-09 02:59 PM
    Have you tried just re-installing the OS? I won't get into *how* to do that here as there are stickies in the OS section that explain that, but I would think that might be the first step.
    11-18-09 03:09 PM
    How did you get a Storm from Alltel, is it Branded with Alltel or Verizon?
    11-18-09 03:11 PM
    OK, it is a Verizon phone that I bought on Craigslist. It was brand new. I guess I followed a tutorial or two here on crackberry and got it working on alltel network. The storm is and has been exclusive to Verizon. I did a OS Wipe, and as soon as the phone was started up, I hit ##000000 and it still shows the SIP and MIP as my#@bb.alltel.net where it should say my#@vzw3g.com

OK so i edited it using QPST and updated it to VZW3G.com now the SIP is showing as my#@vzw3g.com but the MIP is showing as my#@bb.alltel.net

Any suggestions

edit: I edited the MIP on the ##000000 page now they are both showing my#@vzw3g.com
    Last edited by jeff0r3; 11-18-09 at 04:06 PM.
    11-18-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD