As I have posted before I am a former Windows Mobile 5/6 user. I currently have two email accounts setup on my BB (blackberry.net / gmail). When I visit my calenders it shows my events twice because one is listed as the blackberry.net version and the other is the gmail edition.. How do I get it it so it only shows one calender permanently. I don't need a calender setup under my blackberry.net account at all....

HELP!!
    11-30-08 05:31 PM
    Seems as though whenever I post a question about calenders on this forum no one seems to have an answer.. I thought this was an enterprise device and it seems to me a phone for enterprise with a shi**y calender isn't worth having.
    11-30-08 05:43 PM
    Funny you should ask. I had this same problem and just spent this afternoon figuring out a fix. To help you accurately I would need to know just what your exact setup is. But here's my setup and what I did to fix it. If yours is the same it will have you fixed in a jiff. If not, maybe you can use an adaptation of the steps I used.

I use Outlook to update my Google Calendar and vice versa through Google's Desktop Calendar Sync. I then also use Googles Blackberry Calendar Sync. This way anything that syncs from my Outlook to my Google Calendar will end up on my Blackberry when it syncs, and anything I enter on my blackberry will sync with Google Calendar and in turn sync with and end up in Outlook. In this way I don't ever have to use the Desktop Manager to syncronize my calendars.

PROBLEM! I had a ton of duplicates and the like.

BACKUP FIRST! (not because it's dangerous, but just in case you need to start over and don't want to have to retype all your calendar items and if you don't have them stored anywhere else).

My Solution:
    First since I was using Google Sync on my blackberry I had to go into google sync and "Sign Out". It will ask you if you are sure and blah, blah, blah, choose delete. Then exit.

Then I connected my blackberry to my pc using the Desktop Manager. I then clicked backup and restore which you should already be in if you took my advice and backed up. Now click the advanced button. Now choose "yes" and wait. When the list comes up on the right find your calendars click once on each and then choose Clear. Once this is done your Storms calendar will have a clean slate.

No what I did is I went into my options and made my main blackberry account my default calendar (it's under Default Services in Options).

Now I went back into Google Sync and signed back in. I now have a perfectly working calendar without any of the doops. If you don't use Google Calendar with Google sync skip the first and last steps and just stick with clearing out your Storms calendars. Then simply resync it with Oulook or what ever calendar you were using previously. Assuming the calendar doesn't have a bunch of duplicates (which is a totally seperate problem) once you sync, you'll be all set.

Again, everyone's situation is different. That is was my situation and what worked for me. Hope it helps you.
    11-30-08 06:15 PM
    Hmm, just did this, and now my BB Browser and App Center icons are gone.

UPDATE:
    Tried to switch to BB Browser, got the following message: "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable to Browser on your device."

I checked the Browser Configurations under Advanced Options, zilch. Any idea what happened?
    Last edited by habakkuk; 12-18-08 at 01:51 PM.
    12-18-08 01:45 PM
    Sounds like you need to resend those service books. It's done through a BB website I just can not remember/find right now. Did you try a search for service books?

Here it is:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/two...s-help-117886/

Ok link did not work... but I just did a search for "service book" and it was one of the first ones.
    Last edited by k1768; 12-18-08 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Edit to add link
    12-18-08 07:36 PM
    **bump**

Props to czm2000. I've tried every other fix suggested and this is the only one that worked (well at least it was the last one I tried that actually worked).

Funny you should ask. I had this same problem and just spent this afternoon figuring out a fix. To help you accurately I would need to know just what your exact setup is. But here's my setup and what I did to fix it. If yours is the same it will have you fixed in a jiff. If not, maybe you can use an adaptation of the steps I used.

I use Outlook to update my Google Calendar and vice versa through Google's Desktop Calendar Sync. I then also use Googles Blackberry Calendar Sync. This way anything that syncs from my Outlook to my Google Calendar will end up on my Blackberry when it syncs, and anything I enter on my blackberry will sync with Google Calendar and in turn sync with and end up in Outlook. In this way I don't ever have to use the Desktop Manager to syncronize my calendars.

PROBLEM! I had a ton of duplicates and the like.

BACKUP FIRST! (not because it's dangerous, but just in case you need to start over and don't want to have to retype all your calendar items and if you don't have them stored anywhere else).

My Solution:
    First since I was using Google Sync on my blackberry I had to go into google sync and "Sign Out". It will ask you if you are sure and blah, blah, blah, choose delete. Then exit.

Then I connected my blackberry to my pc using the Desktop Manager. I then clicked backup and restore which you should already be in if you took my advice and backed up. Now click the advanced button. Now choose "yes" and wait. When the list comes up on the right find your calendars click once on each and then choose Clear. Once this is done your Storms calendar will have a clean slate.

No what I did is I went into my options and made my main blackberry account my default calendar (it's under Default Services in Options).

Now I went back into Google Sync and signed back in. I now have a perfectly working calendar without any of the doops. If you don't use Google Calendar with Google sync skip the first and last steps and just stick with clearing out your Storms calendars. Then simply resync it with Oulook or what ever calendar you were using previously. Assuming the calendar doesn't have a bunch of duplicates (which is a totally seperate problem) once you sync, you'll be all set.

Again, everyone's situation is different. That is was my situation and what worked for me. Hope it helps you.
    03-26-09 06:25 PM
    cmz2000 thanks! i had the same problem and verizon techs had no clue. I followed your directions and fixed, the only problem was the backup had duplicate apts. i had to resort to an earlier backup but its now fixed- YAY!!!
    03-26-09 09:47 PM
    Can someone tell my how I can have my Storm drive my car? I think I lost the setting . . .
    03-26-09 10:00 PM
    There is an easier method, but in the end accomplishes the same end result. Run a search here, I posted how I cleared this up, would provide a link but cannot search by member on wap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD