is it possible to get a demo storm to work like a store bought? i have some small problems with mine and was wondering if there's some way to wipe it entirely and reinstall everything so the whole thing works properly.
    08-06-09 02:16 PM
    What do you mean by demo storm? The storm's in the store on display are the same as the ones you open straight out of the box. People just abuse them when they come in. It sounds like you want a new OS. Check out the OS subforum and browse around there for a while. I reccomend installing 4.7.0.151 as it is the most stable OS. There is everything you need to know about installing an OS in that forum

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/
    08-06-09 02:22 PM
    is it possible to get a demo storm to work like a store bought? i have some small problems with mine and was wondering if there's some way to wipe it entirely and reinstall everything so the whole thing works properly.
    Try looking over here if you really want to wipe it and start brand new:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/in...source-213706/
    08-06-09 02:23 PM
    the person i bought it form said it was for demonstrations, I'm guessing from before it was released. I currently have .151 but none of the os upgrades have fixed my problem which is that even thought i have call display as part of my plan, all the calls i receive come up as unknown
    08-06-09 02:24 PM
    thanks i'll check that out
    08-06-09 02:25 PM
    If it's a true pre-release "demo" model (perhaps like a press review sample) then maybe the actual hardware isn't the final revision (sort of like Kevin's Storm 2) - and perhaps the OS for the final revision is quirky on the non-final hardware.

In that case, you'd be best off with a new Storm.
    08-06-09 06:00 PM
    If it's a true pre-release "demo" model (perhaps like a press review sample) then maybe the actual hardware isn't the final revision (sort of like Kevin's Storm 2) - and perhaps the OS for the final revision is quirky on the non-final hardware.

In that case, you'd be best off with a new Storm.
    is there any way of finding out if it actually is a pre-release demo?
    08-06-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD