I got to play with one at my local store. I'm hoping low battery in combination with .65 = NASTY SLOW. I like the feel to it, but man... landscape to portrait took like... 5 seconds.

Anyways... the lady had no idea how many they'd get in... so here I am on crackberry reading all these posts about TEN or FIVE?
    I was going to go in at 7 (8AM open)...
    but now i'm afraid and thinking along the lines of 3. haha
    11-20-08 05:21 PM
    Wilmington NC

I have received 2 calls today from different stores to tell me it was being released. Both said they only have 10. Both encouraged me to order from them and have it mailed to me. Everyone wants that commission.

Do they really only have 10?
    Is this some of ploy to keep us out of the store?
    11-20-08 05:29 PM
    ORRRRRRRRRR just go at 11 and if hey have one in stock, grab it. If not have it shipped and delivered on monday
    11-20-08 05:30 PM
    There's a store at 3961 Floyd Rd
    Austell, GA 30106 the manager told me that he's getting 12. He said that her has a waiting list with at least 20 names. But it's first come first serve. I work 5 minutes from the store. Wouldn't dare try to stand in line then make it to work.
    11-20-08 05:43 PM
    I pre ordered from Best Buy stoped in today they got them last night and will start selling then Fri.am by appoiment only. I will get mine @ 5pm. only hade 3 pre orders and got 5 storms in.
    11-20-08 06:00 PM
    5-10 storms per location is average. I got 5 in, store down the street got 5 too.
    11-20-08 06:04 PM
    hmm my two stores .. .and for being a small town ish .... got 55 at one and 20 at another...
    11-20-08 06:07 PM
    I got to play with one at my local store. I'm hoping low battery in combination with .65 = NASTY SLOW. I like the feel to it, but man... landscape to portrait took like... 5 seconds.

Anyways... the lady had no idea how many they'd get in... so here I am on crackberry reading all these posts about TEN or FIVE?
    I was going to go in at 7 (8AM open)...
    but now i'm afraid and thinking along the lines of 3. haha
    Forget that. I'm currently in route to my store to be SECOND in line. Called the store and was informed that someone has been there since 3PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 06:07 PM
    The biggest stores got 50..
    After they run out they are doing overnight for free, before 11 am..
    Hold up/restriction was the OS update AND OTA questions, they didn't know if it was possible, which is why the RIM webupdater was opened up..
    2 big shipments are expected next week for the Black Friday specials..Straight form the horses mouth/azz....
    11-20-08 06:11 PM
    All these numbers I have been hearing seem so RANDOM. So far I've heard: 2, 5, 10, 11, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 50, etc. No, I did not make those up; I am recalling all the numbesr I have seen on these forums and heard, LOL.

So yeah, this is very strange. I'm just going to go there at 7. I have a telesales rep waiting to call me at 8. If its sold out at 7, then I have my telesales rep to fall back on. Its always good to have backup. I was also promised free overnight delivery for Saturday before noon if I order through telesales. So, I don't think I'll be stressing much
    11-20-08 06:21 PM
    All these numbers I have been hearing seem so RANDOM. So far I've heard: 2, 5, 10, 11, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 50, etc. No, I did not make those up; I am recalling all the numbesr I have seen on these forums and heard, LOL.

So yeah, this is very strange. I'm just going to go there at 7. I have a telesales rep waiting to call me at 8. If its sold out at 7, then I have my telesales rep to fall back on. Its always good to have backup. I was also promised free overnight delivery for Saturday before noon if I order through telesales. So, I don't think I'll be stressing much
    Best thing to do is just show up early.
    11-20-08 06:22 PM
    I stopped by my store earlier and the manager was livid because they only got 6 today. I'll be strolling in and ordering one in the morning for Sat delivery.
    11-20-08 06:25 PM
    if you want it go get it, if you don't care rather or not you get it tomorrow then sleep late! lol!
    11-20-08 06:28 PM
    I live a few blocks away from one of the largest Verizon Corp stores in Los Angeles. I might drive by it after work tonite around 7PM and see if there is a line. I read in a different thread that some stores had lines forming from a week ago, so 12 hours before release should warrant a line by now. If it's less than 30 people, I might stand in line at 6AM. If it's 50+, then I might as well just order it over the phone with overnight shipping.
    11-20-08 06:28 PM
    My store is getting 50 or 60

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 06:32 PM
    This is silly. I'm starting to think going in at 9 and getting it delivered is a good idea. Man!
    11-20-08 06:43 PM
    looking for a Storm near Denver. any ideas? I have to drive in 2 hours
    11-20-08 06:54 PM
    I just got a call from my verizon rep and he said they have a few put aside and that I could make an appointment for tomorrow night. Too bad I won't be around tomorrow...He said to show up at 8 (when they open) and that would be my best bet. Sounds, to me, like they aren't running too short on them though..
    11-20-08 06:55 PM
    im hoping our only store in like 50miles get a bunch, CC wont procces my contract extension till tomorrow. hope i dont get caught ordering my storm in class XD
    11-20-08 06:57 PM
    My local store pulled down 50
    11-20-08 07:01 PM
    This is no joke, I have a friend who is always down on his luck, and needed to get his car repaired, and I have a client who owes me 5k that owns a custom car shop, so I told my friend if he camped out from 5PM tonight till 6 AM tomorrow I'd take care of his car, just went by to check on him and he's covered in a light dusting of snow! lol
    11-20-08 09:35 PM
    ^^^^^man, that's just wrong!
    11-20-08 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD