I have had the storm since a week after release and I have loved it since the first time it turned on. I felt great that I got a working one and felt bad for people that were on their 2nd or 3rd replacements. I now have a problem. I know this is a common problem but I just dont know what to do. The screen will no longer click on the bottom in the center. Its only that one spot though. I would not really care except that its right where the space button is on the keyboard when typing in suretype. I know a lot of people have done mods like loosening the screws and putting something behind the battery door but I dont know about that for several reasons. One if I loosen the screws I will have to constantly adjust them due to the screws loosening. The second solution im not too sure about is the paper trick. I tried it really quick and it doesnt really help where I need it to click. All that I can think of is replacing it. I called VZW and they said that it would not be a problem but I am not too sure about the replacement process. I am afraid that I will get one thats worse than the one a have. I also dont know how long it will take them to get me a replacement. This phone is also the only one I have so what do I do until the new one arrives if I do want a replacement. I assume they will not let me keep the one I have and mail me a new one. I really want a good working device since I spent several hundred dollars on it. I feel I should't have to do some mod to get it to work.

If anyone has any input it would be great.
    01-02-09 09:58 PM
    They'll mail you a replacement, that way you can keep using the phone as is right now until your replacement arrives. At which point, you send a phone back.

My replacement was absolute garbage so I kept my original which had a similar problem to yours. It really isn't that bad and there are much worse issues out there: batteries that die early, screens that really, really don't depress, Storms that crash and freeze, loose hardware buttons, etc... etc...

If you're willing to sit through the process, feel free.

I couldn't do it over one small section of the screen that didn't click as crisply.
    01-02-09 10:01 PM
    They will let you keep the one you have, mail a replacement, and have you send the defective one back. If you don't send it back in 10 days, they will charge you the full price
    01-02-09 10:02 PM
    Its amazing how people on these boards refuse to admit this phone is a horrible product. The denial is so thick...
    01-02-09 10:08 PM
    The denial must be so thick that plently of users on here will report a generally postive experience with their phones and even reccomend their phone to others. Also how many users have traded their phone for a different phone right? Trolls nothing but trolls everywhere.
    01-02-09 10:10 PM
    They'll mail you a replacement, that way you can keep using the phone as is right now until your replacement arrives. At which point, you send a phone back.

My replacement was absolute garbage so I kept my original which had a similar problem to yours. It really isn't that bad and there are much worse issues out there: batteries that die early, screens that really, really don't depress, Storms that crash and freeze, loose hardware buttons, etc... etc...

If you're willing to sit through the process, feel free.

I couldn't do it over one small section of the screen that didn't click as crisply.
    So you kept your even though it doesnt click at the bottom? I am on the fence cause anytime you have to get anything replaced by verizon its a pain but at the same time I feel like if I spend the money to get a device it should work properly. I am ok with software bugs because those can be fixed but a hardware problem cant.

Oh and thanks for the info about not having to send the old one in till the new one gets to me.
    01-02-09 10:11 PM
    Its amazing how people on these boards refuse to admit this phone is a horrible product. The denial is so thick...
    This phone has been nothing but great to me, better that my curve so far which I had to get replaced 2 times in the first 3 weeks. Once when the scroll wheel just stopped working after 5 days and the second when the screen just went black and decided it didnt want to turn on. I an just being nit picky if anything because I really hold this phone to such a high standard.
    01-02-09 10:15 PM
    The phone is far from perfect. But why look at the glass half empty? I'm not convincing myself that I have the best phone in existence, but I wouldn't let a small problem convince me that it's a horrible product.
    01-02-09 10:29 PM
    Well after all the different ideas I decided to put a single piece of electrical tape on the back cover right in the middle of the phone. When the cover is on it puts a little added padding right in the center. I made sure that the tape was not touching any of the gold needles or anything else important. The very thin piece of tape is thinner than when I had the folded business card so it doesnt seem to be bulging the back door at all. It is also more near the bottom where I needed it most so it seems to be working well. I didnt need a big improvement to the click so this is great for me. Thanks for all the help if I do end up sending it back.
    01-02-09 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD