Am I able to transfer files from my MacBook Pro to my Storm via bluetooth? Or will I have to go via the cable?
    12-11-08 11:44 PM
    yes . . go to media . . BB button . . receive via BT . . then send from your computer.

note - I say that as a non MAC user. If that does not work, enable mass storage from the options on the home screen and try again.
    12-11-08 11:45 PM
    Doing what trout seth said above should work. Heads up I've only been able to transfer files that the storm can read. Xls and pictures have worked fine but I couldn't get my storm to accept a .dmg file for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 11:48 PM
    Thanks a lot.
    12-12-08 12:01 AM
    i am on a mac and have been doing it succesfully sense the .65 release os..

keep in mind you have to have bluetooth sharing enabled on the mac for it to work..

(you may know but i will post anyway)

go to settings on the mac there is a sharing option

go there and on the very bottom there is a check to enable bluetooth sharing..
    12-12-08 12:24 AM
    yes . . go to media . . BB button . . receive via BT . . then send from your computer.

note - I say that as a non MAC user. If that does not work, enable mass storage from the options on the home screen and try again.
    Thanks. This helped me!
    12-30-08 01:09 AM
    Thanks. This helped me!
    If you transferring music/pictures, simply pair the device to your mac. Go to media on the device, select menu (on the option you are receiving be it pictures, ring-tones, or music) and select "Receive Using Bluetooth" and you should be good to go.

I transfer files (Excel, Word or other BB compatible files) via the "Enable Mass Storage" option as noted in a previous post.

P.S. This is how I transfer all of my ring-tones to m BB.
    P.P.S. Garageband is a great tool to use to chop and create your own personal ring-tones.
    Last edited by hagosrush; 12-30-08 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Addtl' info
    12-30-08 01:23 AM
    hi,
    I am trying to transfer music files from my laptop (dell inspiron on windows vista)
    I've paired my laptop with blackberry storm using bluetooth.
    When I click on receive files using bluetooth and send the file from my laptop to blackberry then file transfer starts. But it is damn damn slow.

Is there a way we can make the transfer faster. After bluetooth is not designed for such slow transfer. I've also enabled mass storage on my blackberry.

Please advice.

~vishal.
    02-08-09 01:56 AM
    thanks so much! this helped me more than you know. i have been trying to figure this out for so long.
    03-22-09 12:01 AM
    just wanted to add a question to this thread.....Can you transfer music and pictures from BB to BB via Bluetooth??? If yes how exactly...i've been trying and can't seem to figure it out
    06-16-09 08:38 PM
    I know you can, but I too have yet to do this with any measure of success. I have tried to transfer files from my Storm to a Samsung Juke, Moto Razor, and a LG EnV. However, I always get a "transfer failed" msg. I believee I have tried every possible combo of settings and BT options that are available to us with the Storm (not too many). So any ideas how to transfer files from my Storm to another BT capable phone? Cause I am having no luck.

Dont mean to hijack your post, but I figured my question is relative.
    07-03-09 03:45 AM
    I know you can, but I too have yet to do this with any measure of success. I have tried to transfer files from my Storm to a Samsung Juke, Moto Razor, and a LG EnV. However, I always get a "transfer failed" msg. I believee I have tried every possible combo of settings and BT options that are available to us with the Storm (not too many). So any ideas how to transfer files from my Storm to another BT capable phone? Cause I am having no luck.

Dont mean to hijack your post, but I figured my question is relative.
    I've run into that same problem. I have ringtones that I have made myself, and can't transfer them to some phones. The razr is one, but also the LG 8600.
    07-03-09 09:32 AM
    Yea.. its very frustrating because it should be working. That is supposed to be one of the benefits of a phone using bluetooth to its full potential. Yet we cannot utilize this feature for some reason.

If there is anyone out there who knows how to do this or has actually got it to work.. please help us.

To everyone else who has this problem, keep searching and asking for assistance. Eventually someone will help.
    07-03-09 01:45 PM
    yes. im at work and i send coworkers mp3s sometimes mostly to razrs. when i try to do it to windows mobile phones it doesnt work right. i can seem to find where the file is at. i search but no results. any ideas?
    07-03-09 06:01 PM
    So your saying that you are able to transfer a file (mp3 or any other) via a bluetooth connection with a razor or other phones? How exactly are you doing this? I have tried a few times and failed everytime. Can your give me a step by step so I (and everyone else) can see how this is getting done? Cause Im serious, I have tried every method I can think of to do this and to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
    07-03-09 06:50 PM
    I don't know if this will help anyone but i had an issue with transferring files from one Blackberry to another i kept getting a transfer file error. so i read somewhere ( can't remember) that you have to go into your media and open it hit your menu button and select "receive using bluetooth" then the transfer should work.
    07-05-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD