Geez. And I thought I was halfway smart with this computer stuff (after all I do have a degree in IT), but these extensions (and the fact that I'm a newbie to the blackberry world (2 months running! ), I don't know how to do half of anything. I love looking at all these other people additions.

I only have the Easy Button and the That's What She Said Apps, (because somehow they came on first try), but I still have no idea how to get a .jad or a .rar on my phone. I go to "app loader" on the desktop manager, and go to browse and find the file, but then when I click it, and it looks like its uploading, it gives me the "no additional applications designed for your phone were found."

That's odd because I just thought I was trying to upload one?

I need help.

Any help.

ALL Help.

THANKS!

03-09-09 05:07 PM
    .jad file is an OTA (Over The Air) load. You can't load this from your desktop.
    A .rar file is a compressed file which you will need to expand from (like a .zip file). Once expanded, Dm should find the file to load.
    03-09-09 05:16 PM
    ".jad file is an OTA (Over The Air) load. You can't load this from your desktop.
    A .rar file is a compressed file which you will need to expand from (like a .zip file). Once expanded, Dm should find the file to load."
    Then how come there are times I try and click the .jad file and it downloads to my desktop? Then I have a .jad file there for no reason?
    03-09-09 05:18 PM
    Then how come there are times I try and click the .jad file and it downloads to my desktop? Then I have a .jad file there for no reason?
    Just about any file of any type is downloadable from a desktop browser to the computer. That doesn't mean it's capable of being used by the computer. I can download Mac-specific file formats onto my PC, but I still can't do jack with them. If you want to actually use a .jad file to install a theme, you have to click the link to it from the BlackBerry browser.
    03-09-09 05:41 PM
    "Just about any file of any type is downloadable from a desktop browser to the computer. That doesn't mean it's capable of being used by the computer. I can download Mac-specific file formats onto my PC, but I still can't do jack with them. If you want to actually use a .jad file to install a theme, you have to click the link to it from the BlackBerry browser."
    For those less intelligent on the matter, that means? Sorry.
    03-09-09 05:44 PM
    Delete the .jad from your computer; it's no good to you there. Fire up the browser on your Storm, go back to where you downloaded the link, and use your Storm browser to click on the .jad file, instead of doing it from your computer.
    03-09-09 05:46 PM
    Useful info. Thanks.
    03-09-09 05:50 PM
    "Delete the .jad from your computer; it's no good to you there. Fire up the browser on your Storm, go back to where you downloaded the link, and use your Storm browser to click on the .jad file, instead of doing it from your computer."
    AH! Gotcha!

Thanks!
    03-09-09 05:53 PM
    I find it helpful to email the link to my Storm.
    Then I just have to highlight the link and it will open the browser and load.
    03-09-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD