Hello everyone, I am very excited for the Storm like everyone else. My only problem is, I do not know the best way to go about getting it.

I have never had a BB before, and I currently have a Samsung Alias only. My problem is, I still have about 13 months on my family plan with it. I was wondering what is the best way to go about getting the Storm.

Do I just buy a new phone line(is it possible to have 2 cell phones under same name for Verizon? and just keep paying the $15 a month it costs on my family plan to keep old phone.

Do I cancel my contract and pay the fine?

Or is there some way to get the storm without paying full retail price and upgrade my current line to a data/voice line and extend it for 2 years?

Thanks for any help, have been getting answers that dont really answer my questions from some reps.
    11-18-08 07:49 PM
    This is exactly what I'm wondering as well. I JUST got a new phone this summer using my NE2, NOT knowing anything about the Blackberry Storm... Obviously I regret my decision but is there any possibility that I can get the Storm without having to pay full retail for it?
    11-18-08 07:55 PM
    You pretty much have to do the math yourself, would it be cost efficient to add a line, plus the cost of the data plan or to cancel the contract and start anew. Since you are already a Verizon customer I believe you can upgrade once a year, if you got 13 months left if you wait a month you might be able to avoid some fees.

I myself had to pay cancellation fees up the wazoo coming from AT&T but it going to pay-off in time. I got the Voyager on 10/23 not knowing anything about the BB Storm, I have 30 days to "try it out" lucky for me the Storm drops on the 21st.
    Last edited by Mr Arias; 11-18-08 at 08:01 PM.
    11-18-08 07:59 PM
    Lucky for me my year is pretty much up (might be a few days early) but I'm pretty sure if I'm spending loot on the phone plus my high phone bill as it is they won't mind :-)
    11-18-08 08:09 PM
    Yeah so I think my best bet is to just add another line...even though i have had my phone number for like 10 years now...sucks....but I would save the most money that way I think.

That is, if I am allowed to have 2 lines under my name....can anyone answer that?
    11-18-08 08:10 PM
    So how exactly does this "early upgrade" that I've been reading about in other threads work? Who qualifies for it?
    11-18-08 08:11 PM
    I believe you just change your contract and sign a new 2 year one. I don't believe there is a ETF. I had a single line and then I added another and didn't have to pay one. I then later dropped the second line and didn't have to pay the ETF. I just talked to the store manager and explained that I no longer needed it and that I had gotten it originally for work. The store manager is the only one who can cancel a line without penalties. I also have been going to the same store for about 8 years now. So that may have something to do with it.
    11-18-08 08:11 PM
    Yeah so I think my best bet is to just add another line...even though i have had my phone like for 10 years now...sucks....but I would save the most money that way I think.

That is, if I am allowed to have 2 lines under my name....can anyone answer that?
    If you are currently on a family play you should be able to add another line...
    11-18-08 08:12 PM
    Yeah so I think my best bet is to just add another line...even though i have had my phone number for like 10 years now...sucks....but I would save the most money that way I think.

What u can do is add on another line and have them activate the storm on the line u just added then have them do an esn change put the storm on the # you've had for 10 years and some other verizon phone on the second line

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 08:16 PM
    Cheapest 2 line plan is 69.99 a month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD