Ok the background is i have a Bold for work and one for private use until yesterday when i swapped my private bold for a Storm on vodafone and here are my findings so far (just my opinion).

Pick the phone up and my god this is "pure class" it feels 10 times better that the bold in the quality department, the phone comes with a leather case like the bold but a little better made and does the same function when the phone is put in he case (it locks the screen/keys) which is nice.

No memory card supplied which i was surprised because the bold came with one but thinking ahead i purchased a 8gig anyway, the general fuctions/layout is like the bold which works well for me.

Speed wise it is slightly slower than the bold but i would not complain and maybe after a couple of software upgraded it maybe on par......screen is large and browsing the web is loads better (than the bold), what might take a little getting used to is you can press a button which drops a cursor on the screen so you can navigate around that page and highlight areas or click on smaller links which is very good, quality of the screen is slightly below that of the bold but only slightly...i am a fan of the bold screen as it seems to pop out at you but make no mistakes about it the storms screen is still superb.

Typing in portrait mode with the suretype is something else that you have to get used to or u can swap it to multitap mode which works fine, move to landscape mode and the typing becomes magical, going back to the screen it is just one big button which i pressume has just one contact area as such and what i mean by this is when you touc the screen it highlights the area you want then the whole screen is pressed to confirm selection........it is very well thought out, there is a section for altering the responsiveness of the touch screen and i am sure given a little bit of time you can alter it to suit your own need.

So to sum it up this is one superb phone which has a learning curve but once you have used it i am sure you will be 100% sold (its not a phone to pick up for 10 mins and make a judgement on whether is it a flop or not)

Please bear in mind this is my view and i a sure others will have thoughts.
    11-15-08 05:05 AM
    yo thanks for your thoughts... Id like to personally ask that you take a couple pictures of things with the phone itself so that we are able to see the quality of the camera on the phone and maybe even some video if you have the time it would be appreciated. This is one area that hasnt really been touched on once again thanks a bunch
    11-15-08 05:13 AM
    Thanks for the review!! When typing an email how does the speed compare with the bold when inputting text (are you able to type as fast)?
    11-15-08 05:27 AM
    I wil sort some pictures out in a little while.....as for typing an email in landscape mode i would say its a as good and as fast as the bold.
    11-15-08 05:30 AM
    Thanks for the info!!!! I was wondering, how is the quality of the screen? Does it seem like it would scratch easy? Just wondering if i should pick up screen protectors, or if they are not really needed.
    11-15-08 07:07 AM
    how is bright sunlight is it readable?
    11-15-08 09:29 AM
    Wow thanks for the input. Not wanting to hijack the OP's thread but would those who have also had the storm weigh in with their 24 hour reviews?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 09:52 AM
    I wil sort some pictures out in a little while.....as for typing an email in landscape mode i would say its a as good and as fast as the bold.
    i type a lot and was a little worried i would get as much emailing done when away from the computer. i am glad it is coming out here on a friday so i can get used to it over the weekend.

oh thanks for your review! it was great.
    11-15-08 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD