So, I just got a new blackberry storm for Christmas and have been playing around with it, granted it hasn't been activated yet so I can't do much with it. But here are my first impressions...

What's the difference between the Storm 9500 and the 9530?

I can't seem to figure out where the 'enter' key is ...

I am also wondering how exactly to do OS updates.

As well as how to download songs and ringtones, because from what i can see, it shows the ones you already have (which is obviously none) and there's no link to download them anywhere. Is this just because the phone isnt activated yet? Isn't there some kind of music store, as well as one for ringtones? How do I get there & how much does this cost per song? And about how much will everything cost monthly if I want to get unlimited texting and at least 950 monthly anytime minutes, as well as full access to the internet?

Thanks for your help -- I really appreciate it
    12-25-08 01:34 PM
    So, I just got a new blackberry storm for Christmas and have been playing around with it, granted it hasn't been activated yet so I can't do much with it. But here are my first impressions...

What's the difference between the Storm 9500 and the 9530?

I can't seem to figure out where the 'enter' key is ...

I am also wondering how exactly to do OS updates.

As well as how to download songs and ringtones, because from what i can see, it shows the ones you already have (which is obviously none) and there's no link to download them anywhere. Is this just because the phone isnt activated yet? Isn't there some kind of music store, as well as one for ringtones? How do I get there & how much does this cost per song? And about how much will everything cost monthly if I want to get unlimited texting and at least 950 monthly anytime minutes, as well as full access to the internet?

Thanks for your help -- I really appreciate it
    The 9500 is GSM only. the enter button is an right angle arrow below P. I would wait on the upgrade until you get more familiar with the device.
    12-25-08 01:37 PM
    ohh... sorry not the 'enter' key i meant a key that you can hit when you are done typing a message . specifically for texts i guess.
    12-25-08 01:41 PM
    Press the Menu key>Send.
    12-25-08 01:42 PM
    as well as downloading songs and ringtones...is there a music store just not showing up because i dont have the phone activated or something?
    12-25-08 01:43 PM
    thanks so far. i really appreciate it.
    12-25-08 01:44 PM
    Menu key twice is a quick short cut
    When your done typing a text or e-mail you can hit the Blackberry menu button twice and it will send your message.

In BB Messenger or any other Instant Message client you can hit the enter (right angle arrow below the "P" as CX said) to send the message.
    I strongly suggest you read the User's Guide on RIM's homepage. 100% of your questions can be answered in that guide. Have fun and enjoy your phone!
    thanks everyone
    12-25-08 01:46 PM
    Be sure to read this thread--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ul...s-only-100612/
    12-25-08 02:06 PM
    Welcome! You will love your new Storm. Verizon offers the music service that you can download. Its called Rhapsody. Here is the link for it: Verizon Wireless: Features and Downloads

I believe it is around $15 bucks a month for unlimited music.

Enjoy!
    12-25-08 02:12 PM
    Music and ring tones function differently than other verizon dumb phones, that is, you won't be using Vcast. The simplest way to get them onto your phone is to do a USB transfer from your computer. A quick search should bring up a bunch of threads showing you how to do this with mass storage mode.

Also, as you're new to Blackberry, I would recommend the Blackberry 101 "lectures" on this site, as well as the tips and tricks thread crucial_xtreme mentioned above. The former helped me immensely when I got my first BB, and the latter is a pool of tricks were all using as we get used to the Storm.

Pretty soon you'll know tons. Welcome to Crackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD