...I apologize, my brain isn't fully functioning as I have been up since 4 and only got 2 hours of sleep.

Just 3 really dumb, simple to answer questions.
    1. When you have the Storm plugged into the computer, does it charge (a la the Curve/Pearl)?

2. I just did a device to device transfer with my Desktop Manager software, and now I don't have a browser icon. What do I do?

3. is there a faster way to send texts other than clicking the BB icon then choosing send? (like how you can just double click your ball on the curve and it sends)

sorry again, and thanks in advance!
    11-21-08 10:14 AM
    1. When you have the Storm plugged into the computer, does it charge (a la the Curve/Pearl)?
    It does charge via the computer; that's how mine is hooked up now. Not 100% sure on your other questions, hopefully someone can help as I'm kind of curious on the sms thing. If it's working properly you should see the little lightening bolt over the battery icon while you are plugged up. If you don't see that it's probably not working.
    11-21-08 10:44 AM
    sweet. I'm REALLY dense today hahaha.
    11-21-08 10:52 AM
    2. I just did a device to device transfer with my Desktop Manager software, and now I don't have a browser icon. What do I do?
    Sounds like youve lost your blackberry internet settings. Can you get emails on the Storm? Reminds me of when i didnt have a data plan on my Curve. When i did, i got the www and emails. Try a reboot maybe?

3. is there a faster way to send texts other than clicking the BB icon then choosing send? (like how you can just double click your ball on the curve and it sends)
    Ive just had a play and i cant see any other way of doing it other then BB button > send. So i'd be interested to see if there is a shortcut key!
    11-21-08 10:58 AM
    To send texts quicker just hit the button under the backspace key, next to the period .
    11-21-08 01:35 PM
    With the Storm simulator you can also press the BB button to select whatever is highlighted (since send is default you should only have to press the BB button twice to send the SMS). I don't have a Storm yet to try it out myself so I'm not sure that it actually works on the real device but I'm pretty sure it will. I actually figured this out by accident while playing with the Storm simulator and I don't know if this works with other Blackberry as the Storm will be my first. Can't wait to get it...
    Last edited by bimmerbenz; 11-21-08 at 02:50 PM.
    11-21-08 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD