I have no idea what you're asking.
    03-17-10 07:57 AM
    Wow, I got one,
    BlackBerry App World - PrivacyManager Call Block Call Reject and SPAM control

But alas, Blackberry Apps are so costly.

A 100 hour worked on iPhone App costs like 0.99$ only.

Thats why, RIM is going to sink in this 1-3 years and Google and Apple going to take everyone. LOL!
    03-17-10 08:37 AM
    Wow, I got one,
    BlackBerry App World - PrivacyManager Call Block Call Reject and SPAM control

But alas, Blackberry Apps are so costly.

A 100 hour worked on iPhone App costs like 0.99$ only.

Thats why, RIM is going to sink in this 1-3 years and Google and Apple going to take everyone. LOL!
    Just go back to your iPhone. I think it's becoming more and more obvious the BlackBerry is not for you.
    03-17-10 08:39 AM
    1. How do we restart the Storm ? If I turn it off from OFF button, then it gets switched off , but when I click the SWITCH ON button, it just appears instantly. It looks like, its working like a SLEEP MODE. I have to pull out the battery each time to restart the phone and thats like a f**king stuff , bcz everytime, I have to get out eh polycarbonate cover, which I got after searching for months and months. So, how do you do it ? Or Am I missing something ??

2. How do you block or blacklist calls from specific numbers ? I dont see any such option in the contacts. But when im on the phone and I right click the number, then it shows a menu item, VIEW BLOCKED CALLS . So, where do you do that ?
    04-14-10 01:16 PM
    That's how my phone is as well, so it's just the nature of the phone.

There was an app for blocking numbers but I do not remember what it was called. It is not something that can be done within the phone.
    04-14-10 01:20 PM
    04-14-10 01:22 PM
    Blackberry's do NOT "shut off." Using the Power Off button simply puts the phone into something akin to a sleep mode, thus the "instant on" you're experiencing.

In order to do a complete "reboot" (like you'd reboot a Windows computer), you do need to do a battery pull. This will clear your device of any unnecessary apps running in the background, clear system cache, recover memory, etc.

There are multiple apps out there which can allow you to do a "simulated battery pull" that are quite effective. "Quick Pull" is one and I believe they have both a free and a paid version. Back when I had an S1, I used that and it worked fine, but then discovered MeterBerry which offered more features (monitor and log battery strength and memory in user-definable increments) as well as doing a soft reset. For 99% of the cases where you might need to do a battery pull, the soft reset feature of these two apps works just fine. On occasion, a full, complete battery pull might be needed. You can find links to both of these apps here in the Crackberry App store.

EDIT: I just saw your responding post to a previous post. If you're on OS 5.0, not sure the "Call Blocker" app will work.

As to your second question, if I"m not mistaken, you can block certain numbers if you're with Verizon, from an account on the Verizon Wirless website. I do not know about your carrier. I may be mistaken on this though. I do not believe there are any apps that specifically allow this to your main number, but if you use a Google number, I think that has the ability to block or immediately redirect to voice mail, desginated numbers.

1. How do we restart the Storm ? If I turn it off from OFF button, then it gets switched off , but when I click the SWITCH ON button, it just appears instantly. It looks like, its working like a SLEEP MODE. I have to pull out the battery each time to restart the phone and thats like a f**king stuff , bcz everytime, I have to get out eh polycarbonate cover, which I got after searching for months and months. So, how do you do it ? Or Am I missing something ??

2. How do you block or blacklist calls from specific numbers ? I dont see any such option in the contacts. But when im on the phone and I right click the number, then it shows a menu item, VIEW BLOCKED CALLS . So, where do you do that ?
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-14-10 at 01:29 PM.
    04-14-10 01:27 PM
    Superb reply man. Thanks a ton. Searching now.
    04-14-10 01:29 PM
    ok I took a Blackberry Data Plan and got it all activated.

Few questions.

1. I have downloaded the TWITTER FOR BLACKBERRY app and on the top of my screen, where it shows DATE, it shows a 1 twitter icon and Im not able to get rid of that. Anyone got an idea ?

2. I have downloaded the BLACKBERRY APP WORLD App. When Im trying to download anything from there, it shows, 31MB, that makes it clear that, its going store all those data to Application Memory , which I dont want.
    I want it to get stored on MEDIA Card only. Damn, its an official software and such a stupid feature of storing on Application memory.
    05-14-10 02:40 AM
    3. Is there anyway to import outlook express Email Address Book to Blackberry ?

I dont want them to get mixed with my phonebook contacts.

ANyway ??
    05-14-10 02:44 AM
    1) The Twitter icon means you have new tweets in your feed that have loaded. I usually just scroll through them and that icon goes away.

2) NO apps can be loaded on MEDIA card from App World or anywhere else, they are stored app memory only. Just how the phone works

3) I've never imported Outlook so I don't know how to tell you to do it.
    05-14-10 07:55 AM
    Does that mean, we cant install more 5-10 themes, apps and games on a Storm ?

I think, 10-15 themes will directly eat the 32Mb. DAMN, such weird stuff.

Anyways, another question..

Why the email font size is showing huge ?
    05-14-10 08:13 AM
    Yes, you are limited to the amount of information you can install on a Storm. There are methods for memory optimization/shrinking your OS for additional room, but this isn't a iPhone that you can have tons of apps. Themes are VERY OFTEN known to be a cause for a huge leak of memory on the Storm 1, and in my opinion 10-15 themes is ridiculous.

That is either a formatting issue with the e-mail directly, or you need to change the phone's overall font size in options --> screen/keyboard if everything is too large for you.
    05-14-10 08:19 AM
    It doesnt solve that. Tried everything.
    Looks like another global Storm bug.
    05-14-10 08:28 AM
    Sounds like a formatting issue with the e-mail you are receiving. Is it from a specific e-mail provider (Gmail, Yahoo, etc?)
    05-14-10 08:35 AM
    Hi..
    Is there any way to change the default background of calling screen, locked phone screen, etc ?

Im on default Zen theme.
    05-14-10 09:55 AM
    You can only change the background of the home screen on the default theme. Anything else would need to come from a 3rd party theme.
    05-14-10 10:53 AM
    Damn bad.

Previously while I was with Nokia, 4 years back, I was able to do it with a software where I take the core files of the default themes, changes those things, repack them and install again.

****, nothing works for Blackberry.
    Have to sell it sometime soon.

Except the Blackberry Messenger, PIN Messaging and Blackberry logo, there is nothing to love it.

Looks like, im getting added to the millions of ppl who ran away from Blackberry. Earlier, I was thinking to break it and stand out saying, I LOVE IT. But alas.
    05-14-10 10:57 AM
    I think I said it previously in this thread, and I don't mean to sound rude soamz, but I think the Blackberry does not fit your needs and it's better that you use another phone/platform. Why not go back to an iPhone or try an Android phone?
    05-14-10 12:31 PM
    Yeah, I use an iPhone, but since I have invested money on this, so I need to use this for atleast 6-7 months, so that I can sell it then.
    05-14-10 12:39 PM
    Hi..
    I bought it 6 months back and it was all good till yesterday night.

Today when I got up in the morning, I see I cant highlight on Applications link in Advanced Options page, neither Im able to click on PHONE CALL screen .

Damn, whats happening ?
    Already tried taking ot battery and memory card 2-3 times.
    No joy.

Whats the solution ?
    09-22-10 08:26 PM
    Anyone anyone ??
    09-23-10 10:10 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD