Hey, I'm new to the forums, but have been searching around for the last few days.

I recently got an Unlocked storm and was planning to use it on the rogers network. All was well for the first few days, however now, my BB messages take forever to send as well as emails-Receiving emails also takes a while.
    My connection goes from EDGE to edge constantly and browser always tells me that it cant connect to the source.

My question is for all the storm users on Rogers:is there any settings that I should have my wireless settings set to? tcp/ip settings? My calls seem fine but the internet craps out here and there. Any help would be much appreciated.

Much Thanks.
    08-25-09 10:32 PM
    I think you need to add a Blackberry Data Plan to your Rogers SIM card/account.

There's also a thread here somewhere about getting all functions including browser to work on unlocked Storms.

Also, the Storm doesn't do WiFi.
    08-25-09 10:38 PM
    i currently do have a data plan...
    08-25-09 10:40 PM
    I am using a storm with Rogers and it works like a charm. your problem is because it switches from EDGE to edge. when theres EDGE theres connection, therefore you have to be able to make it stay constantly at EDGE.

I installed lyridical's .151 hybrid. Since then, I have constant EDGE and everything works smoothly and perfectly.

look into the OS forum and give lyridical's hybrid a try.
    08-25-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD