Haven't been here in a while; but for the last two nights in a row, I've had a weird issue.

Here's my scenario: I go to bed, and then my Storm 9530 (OS 5.0.0.328; latest official software for Verizon Wireless) then loses both 1XRTT and EVDO signals by the time I wake up. It's happened both when my phone is on the charger (yesterday) and when it isn't (today).

A family member with the same phone also experienced the same problem with her Storm 9530 (same OS version), though hers was only on the charger. I have also noticed 1X-only coverage fluctuation on my Storm in (the 96% of the Verizon network that are) EVDO areas, where the phone goes to 1X for about 10-20 minutes. It doesn't happen on her Storm or another family member's WinMo HTC Ozone.

To get the Storm 9530 working again after the signal loss, both she and I had to do a battery pull. The solution works, but it's temporary and annoying. She thinks it might be an issue if one checks e-mail on a computer and then checks it on a BlackBerry using BIS, but one of the two days with this issue, all my e-mail was done on my BlackBerry, so I don't think it's that issue. Is there a permanent solution that can help me with my troubles? Is this a sign of a Storm 9530 on its way out? Or is it simply more BIS issues?

We didn't buy phone insurance (which I now feel is a mistake not to have, now that I work in a cell phone store). And we still have 1 1/2 months until our Verizon contract is up, and only her line (and not mine) is currently upgrade-eligible. I've already decided that after two frustrating years with BlackBerry, I'm getting a non-RIM phone that works. Until then, I want to milk every last byte out of this Storm that I can (and I don't want to pay an ETF if I want to switch carriers).

Could someone please help? Any tips?
    09-20-10 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD