DM on the Mac. How long must we suffer??
    01-27-09 08:53 AM
    I'm with you, RIM needs to get out of the stone age with their software. Macs actually have a decent market share now, and they're just screwing over their customers.
    01-27-09 08:55 AM
    Well, they know we're not all going to switch to iPhones to spite them, so they kind of have us by the neck. I keep reading that such a program is "in development," but I really have to wonder what is so hard about converting a .exe to a .dmg file. I guess those who are developers could tell me how hard it really is and I'll feel better about being forced to use Windows.
    01-27-09 08:58 AM
    So much for macs doing everything widnows does.... ;-p
    01-27-09 09:11 AM
    Im a PC guy but I do own a Mac Book Pro and agree, RIM needs to step up here.
    01-27-09 09:16 AM
    I had to put windows on my mac via VMWare Fusion just so I could use DM on my Macbook Pro. This is some bull****! I already gave up enough money just to have this phone. I feel like somebody is digging in my pocket! This is 2009. The Mac is 25 years old. Will it be 50 before we get a DM version that works on a Mac OS? Are we being punished for wanting better computers?
    01-27-09 09:23 AM
    May not do everything a PC does, but it does everything else better.
    01-27-09 09:26 AM
    They should give us all mocha frappuccino's too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 09:29 AM
    HA! i have a mac and KNOW thats not true
    01-27-09 11:02 AM
    HA! i have a mac and KNOW thats not true
    Ssssshhhhh you might upset a fanboi
    01-27-09 11:03 AM
    PC > MAC anyday
    01-27-09 11:12 AM
    agreed lol PC all the way... also , considering ... idk .. only 30 % of comp games and software out there is compatable with a mac, i suggest you sell your mac and buy a pc lol.
    01-27-09 11:21 AM
    agreed lol PC all the way... also , considering ... idk .. only 30 % of comp games and software out there is compatable with a mac, i suggest you sell your mac and buy a pc lol.
    I disagree. I have found 2 programs that don't offer a sufficient mac version; DM and Multisim Electronic Workbench. All other programs offer a good mac version that Ive seen...
    01-27-09 11:35 AM
    Yeah, ok, only 2 programs out in the whole world that don't have Mac versions. lol... maybe in the world of STUDLEE1A.

And to those of you that think that Macs are better computers, they aren't. The OS may make them "better" in your eyes, but dollar for dollar, Macs have less expensive/less current hardware in them for more money. The Mac laptops are just now getting nVidia 9400 graphic cards and cost what... about $2400 or more. I can get a PC based gaming laptop with 9800 series card for about $1500. Case in point, the OS is more streamlined, but then again, every Linux kernel is. No news there. Why, because it's compiled for that specific hardware that it's running on, not like Windows where it must be run on a large scale of variences.

So, if you're going to compare one to the other, please don't generalize... we all know where the Mac's "We don't get Spyware" generalization got you here recently. Macs aren't that popular in the grand scheme of things... this is why nobody bothers to write programs for them... even malitious ones.

Don't get upset, I like the form and fit of a Mac product as much as the next person, but I am really getting tired of all the crying out there about it not being able to run something. You should have known what you were getting when you got it. You should have made preparations to be able to run certain apps that weren't built for the Linux platform. I don't see any other "pure" Linux geeks crying over no DM for their systems.
    01-27-09 11:50 AM
    01-27-09 11:58 AM
    While I might agree there should be a Mac (and Linux) version of Desktop Manager, that isn't really a Blackberry feature.
    01-27-09 12:01 PM
    Mac vs PC - Benchmark and Speed Tests - PC versus Mac - Apple, Windows Reviews - Popular Mechanics

Benchmark tests Pages 1-4 also don't lie... The Macbook running Vista in boot camp still scored better across the board then the PC...
    01-27-09 12:07 PM
    yeah well vista is horrible! I would rather use a pc but can't stand vista!
    01-27-09 12:13 PM
    I hate vista too lol. Imagine what those results would have been with XP on boot camp instead of vista...
    01-27-09 12:18 PM
    You should have known what you were getting when you got it. You should have made preparations to be able to run certain apps that weren't built for the Linux platform. I don't see any other "pure" Linux geeks crying over no DM for their systems.
    Is this where I'm to try and convince you that my e-dong is bigger and better than yours? Your attempt at being "House-like"...well...ain't workin, bud.
    01-27-09 12:55 PM
    How long must we suffer?
    For forever and a day
    01-27-09 02:30 PM
    Yeah, ok, only 2 programs out in the whole world that don't have Mac versions. lol... maybe in the world of STUDLEE1A.

And to those of you that think that Macs are better computers, they aren't. The OS may make them "better" in your eyes, but dollar for dollar, Macs have less expensive/less current hardware in them for more money. The Mac laptops are just now getting nVidia 9400 graphic cards and cost what... about $2400 or more. I can get a PC based gaming laptop with 9800 series card for about $1500. Case in point, the OS is more streamlined, but then again, every Linux kernel is. No news there. Why, because it's compiled for that specific hardware that it's running on, not like Windows where it must be run on a large scale of variences.

So, if you're going to compare one to the other, please don't generalize... we all know where the Mac's "We don't get Spyware" generalization got you here recently. Macs aren't that popular in the grand scheme of things... this is why nobody bothers to write programs for them... even malitious ones.

Don't get upset, I like the form and fit of a Mac product as much as the next person, but I am really getting tired of all the crying out there about it not being able to run something. You should have known what you were getting when you got it. You should have made preparations to be able to run certain apps that weren't built for the Linux platform. I don't see any other "pure" Linux geeks crying over no DM for their systems.
    LOL...does anyone else find this post hilarious? Typical.

I think RIM will release a DM for macs shortly. If they really want to compete with the iphone this will be necessary.
    01-27-09 02:41 PM
    I have both PC and MAC, and I love them for the different things they do.
    01-27-09 02:54 PM
    Is this where I'm to try and convince you that my e-dong is bigger and better than yours? Your attempt at being "House-like"...well...ain't workin, bud.
    A little birdie tells me that this is a contest you will always win... No matter how little endowment you may have. At least when going up against Civic.
    01-27-09 03:29 PM
    I'm with you, RIM needs to get out of the stone age with their software. Macs actually have a decent market share now, and they're just screwing over their customers.
    Mac hits record 7.8% market share in Net Applications survey - Apple 2.0

Yeah I wouldn't call less than 10% descent. I'm just stirring the pot though. My wife has two Macs and we always talk about the strengths and weaknesses of the Mac.
    01-27-09 04:29 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD