so I plug my storm in, open up desktop manager and it checks for updates. it says that I need the new operting system and a few others, so I go through the process and it even downoaded 101 of 395 before it said the "a fatal error has occured" So i closed out the desktop manager and restarted it and it didn't even get to the donload part. As soon as it says turning on radio device or off it quits and gives me the same error. Before this update, I was going to return this phone tommorow because I absolutely hate it. But If I can get this update, then I might just learn to love it! Thanks for the help in advance!

Jenn
    10-26-09 08:59 PM
    try this...if you have Windows XP on your desktop, go to start, then right click on my computer and go to properties. click on the hardware tab and then device manager. Scroll down to universal serial bus controllers & click on the plus sign. You should see several usb root hub listings. You'll need to click on each one of these and go to power management tab. Uncheck both of those and then okay to save.

If you have Vista, click on start and then type "device manager" in search bar. click on device manager and follow the same steps from here above.

Works like a charm! Just start the update all over again and you shouldn't have any other problems...good luck!!!
    10-26-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD