To make a call on my Storm, I have to:

1. Hit the send button to bring up my phone keypad
    2. Click contacts
    3. Click the typewriter icon at the bottom of the screen (or the find bar)
    4. Type in the name of the contact I want to call
    5. Bring up my contact
    6. Click if I want home, mobile, etc...
    7. Then confirm on the next screen whether I want home, mobile, etc....

before the call is placed.

Is there any way to shorten this process aside from speed dial... which has been shortened from 26 keys on by old BB to 9 on the Storm?
    01-25-09 08:35 AM
    To make a call on my Storm, I have to:

1. Hit the send button to bring up my phone keypad
    2. Click contacts
    3. Click the typewriter icon at the bottom of the screen (or the find bar)
    4. Type in the name of the contact I want to call
    5. Bring up my contact
    6. Click if I want home, mobile, etc...
    7. Then confirm on the next screen whether I want home, mobile, etc....

before the call is placed.

Is there any way to shorten this process aside from speed dial... which has been shortened from 26 keys on by old BB to 9 on the Storm?
    You would think they would have thought it through a little better. I just set my right convenience key to my call log and my left to my phone book.
    01-25-09 08:44 AM
    I use the call log for 95% of my calls, so for me:

1. hit the phone button (call log appears)
    2. highlight who I want to call
    3. hit the phone button again.

I agree that calling through the contact list is a bit of a nuisance.
    01-25-09 09:19 AM
    If I hit the phone button, my phone keypad appears, not my call log. Any way to reset this? You are right that this (and more then a few other items) should have been thought out better.

Maybe in 9.0?
    01-25-09 09:50 AM
    if you hold down send it will go straight to your contacts and then just pick who you want
    01-25-09 09:56 AM
    If I hit the phone button, my phone keypad appears, not my call log. Any way to reset this? You are right that this (and more then a few other items) should have been thought out better.

Maybe in 9.0?
    This can be changed under phone/options
    01-25-09 10:15 AM
    is there no 'smart dialing' on bb's like on WM devices?
    01-25-09 10:33 AM
    you can set numbers to speed dial. When in phone app press bb button and go into options and there should be a speed dial option.
    01-25-09 10:45 AM

Maybe in 9.0?
    You can set it to open the call log (all OS's).

It was a bit buggy (to me) in .75/.76 but has been good in .85

If you hold the button "too long" it will not work (similar to holding the bb button and getting the app switcher.)
    01-25-09 10:52 AM
    I just click my contacts icon, then scroll to the person's name and hit the send button.

Pretty much the same process as any cell phone I've ever used.
    01-25-09 10:58 AM
    I just click my contacts icon, then scroll to the person's name and hit the send button.

Pretty much the same process as any cell phone I've ever used.
    Tough with hundreds of contacts. On a "cell Phone" you can click a letter/number and jump to that point in the list.

To do that with the Storm you need to first open the keyboard (which adds a another step AND takes up 1/2 the screen).

It's one of the tasks that is made a bit more comlicated due to the lack of a "hard" keypad. That and surfing without a TAB key are the big clunkers for me. At least with the contacts you can open the Virtual Keyboard, no such luck finging a Virtual TAB key (LOL)
    01-25-09 11:06 AM
    I was doing this too, then I realized, why use an icon when you can set it to have your contacts as initial view when you hit the send button. That way you can clean 1 more icon off of your home screen.
    01-25-09 11:08 AM
    there is an option to set the default view to either be recent calls, address book , or dial pad when u press the green call button .... mine is set to call log
    01-25-09 01:24 PM
    there is an option to set the default view to either be recent calls, address book , or dial pad when u press the green call button .... mine is set to call log
    Kinda like I suggested seven posts up?
    01-25-09 01:26 PM
    What I do is assign one of my side buttons on the storm to my contacts, press that once then just find the contact and press the green call button.
    01-25-09 01:36 PM
    01-25-09 01:53 PM
    How much is it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 02:09 PM
    How much is it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Clicking on the link would tell you its $4.99
    01-25-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD