I check videos4blackberry.info weekly and the one time i checked recently (after the 1st time it didnt happen) i got a pop up message and just pressed ok, i think it was saying about my computer ( i was on my blackberry) that is has been infected by a trojan and need to go somewhere. It took me to a simulated "My Computer" menu exactly as in a normal computer and started downloading something. I did not let it get to 100 because i realised i was being an *****, should i be worried? i assume it was downloading an executable but it wouldnt have been executed. But is this a crack in an OS or is it just like a normal pop-up that will not activate an antivirus eventhough a blackberry does not. It was not that site i know because somehow my browser was directed before getting completely to the site if that makes sense. The site that my phone was directed to is www1.firesavez.com

I tried going back to that same site in my history and it came up with a 404 error.
    Also the first time round i saw win32/faketrojan or something similar
    From what i found its called a smitfraud trojan?
    How is it that it affected (atleast occured as a pop-up) the OS?
    Last edited by sayf123; 05-08-10 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Updated
    05-08-10 03:10 PM
    I check videos4blackberry.info weekly and the one time i checked recently (after the 1st time it didnt happen) i got a pop up message and just pressed ok, i think it was saying about my computer ( i was on my blackberry) that is has been infected by a trojan and need to go somewhere. It took me to a simulated "My Computer" menu exactly as in a normal computer and started downloading something. I did not let it get to 100 because i realised i was being an *****, should i be worried? i assume it was downloading an executable but it wouldnt have been executed. But is this a crack in an OS or is it just like a normal pop-up that will not activate an antivirus eventhough a blackberry does not. It was not that site i know because somehow my browser was directed before getting completely to the site if that makes sense. The site that my phone was directed to is www1.firesavez.com

I tried going back to that same site in my history and it came up with a 404 error.
    Also the first time round i saw win32/faketrojan or something similar
    From what i found its called a smitfraud trojan?
    How is it that it affected (atleast occured as a pop-up) the OS?
    I wouldn't be concerned about the BB. Had you been on your computer, I would be very concerned. Your BB cannot do anything with the file so it is just ignored.
    05-08-10 03:40 PM
    i think you'll be ok.. i agree with kw... don't stress it.
    05-08-10 03:43 PM
    So what would happen if i connect it to my computer? Will avg + avira + kaspersky be sufficient?

Can it even be passed on from phone to computer?

Going to videos4blackberry without 'www' redirects you to that malware.
    Why is this?
    Last edited by sayf123; 05-08-10 at 04:36 PM.
    05-08-10 03:53 PM
    i doubt it auto dowboaded onto your blackberry..just an add to scare you.. and why do you have 3 anti virus's on your pc ?? thats a little overboard.. don't they fight ?
    05-08-10 05:16 PM
    Don’t install more than one anti-virus. They may conflict, and will provide less protection, not more.

The longer, technically correct answer. Yes, it is possible in most cases to install more than one anti-virus. Provided that only one real-time scanner is active at a time, and the others are used only to scan on demand. However, pre-Windows Vista, all anti-virus programs made changes to the Windows kernel. Or, the very core of the operating system. One application doesn’t know what changes the other has made, and they are likely trying to affect the same code. This can lead to system slow-downs, instability, and crashes. Or even the loss of all anti-virus protection.

Keep it simple. Chose one anti-virus that you like, and stick with it.
    so yeah stick to one...
    05-08-10 05:19 PM
    Will avg + avira + kaspersky be sufficient?
    I thought this thread was about a Trojan, but it seems your computer is wearing THREE different brands of condom.

Seriously, if you're running Windows 7, check out Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free and all the reviews I've seen recently say it's at least as good as third party anti virus/malware programs.

AVG used to be my favorite, but it's turned into a real hog and noticeably slows my computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 05:51 PM
    Thanks will do. The problem i once had is AVG detected what Avira couldnt and vice versa.
    05-08-10 05:52 PM
    Nah i keep 2, read online about smitfraud so taught id do a once off scan with Kaspersky
    05-08-10 05:58 PM
    Thanks again
    05-08-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD