I bought my 9530 in December and have never needed to replace it. Now there is a crack under the screen which is becoming increasingly more visi Le and since I'm still under the factory warrenty verizon will send me a referb at no cost to me. I've tried all I can to get an S2 out of them with no success. But here's my question, how big of a gamble am I taking if I request a referb? Other than the crack I've had no issues with what I have now. I'm just afraid of receiving a bad apple ya know. So what should I do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 07:18 PM
    If you get a bad unit, send it back and tell them you want another. Leaving the crack could probably lead to much worse problems down the road, during which you might not be covered by the warranty anymore.
    11-11-09 07:23 PM
    If you get a bad unit, send it back and tell them you want another. Leaving the crack could probably lead to much worse problems down the road, during which you might not be covered by the warranty anymore.
    good advice, defiantly get the refurb.
    11-11-09 09:58 PM
    Did you drop it or it was there?
    11-11-09 10:10 PM
    I bought my 9530 in December and have never needed to replace it. Now there is a crack under the screen which is becoming increasingly more visi Le and since I'm still under the factory warrenty verizon will send me a referb at no cost to me. I've tried all I can to get an S2 out of them with no success. But here's my question, how big of a gamble am I taking if I request a referb? Other than the crack I've had no issues with what I have now. I'm just afraid of receiving a bad apple ya know. So what should I do?

I just got a refurb last week and I LOVE it! It is 10 time better than my original one. Look at it this way - yes, at one time it had an issue. That issue has been fixed and the unit has been put through so many tests that the possibility of a bug is slim to none. I also found out when I talked to CS that if you have to make 3 returns during the 1 year warranty period you can qualify for a new phone. HTH!

Kat
    11-11-09 10:27 PM
    I hope they don't think you dropped it. That wouldn't be covered by warranty. If they decide it is damage caused by you it is likely they will charge you for the replacement device.

11-11-09 10:32 PM
    Never dropped it. Zero damage to the phone. imo it looks more like trapped moisture but the guy at verizon said there's a crack under the glass? He did nothing but angle the screen and take a 5 second look at it. And it's never been exposed to water, the stickers are just fine. I went ahead and ordered the refurb and the rep on the phone tried to get me to pay a fee for it while still under factory warranty? Now I don't know how true that was but she ended up not charging anything. Am I still gonna be able to download all the apps I've purchased with my current storm being that the pin is going to change? Thanks for the help guys.... Still wish they gave up an S2 = ) far chance, I know!
    11-12-09 12:00 AM
    Sometimes they'll bill your account the full price of the phone when you do a replacement through the mail. When they receive the old phone, they are supposed to take it off the bill. If you talked them out of that, you're better off cause I've heard some people have had trouble with Verizon not taking the charge off.

As far as purchased apps and PIN change, I have no idea on that one :/
    11-12-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD