I installed the InvisibleShield without removing the original Verizon film that comes with the phone---it still works fine. (I guess)

Should I remove both of them and reapply a new IS?
    12-02-08 10:03 AM
    i would. why would you want both.
    12-02-08 10:05 AM
    i would. why would you want both.
    I put on the IS before I knew there was already a verizon protector on it.
    12-02-08 10:06 AM
    I bought my invisible shield launch day and the guy at store put it on for me, he didn't remove the original one. I told him to but he said that's how it should be done. So who knows?
    12-02-08 10:07 AM
    Why on earth would that guy think it's a good idea to leave the shipping screen protector on the screen before applying the IS one is beyond me. I don't think he knew what he's talking about.
    12-02-08 10:10 AM
    Why on earth would that guy think it's a good idea to leave the shipping screen protector on the screen before applying the IS one is beyond me. I don't think he knew what he's talking about.
    From what I understand the shipping protector (the flimsy, easy to remove film that you can barely see through) and the hard core protector (that VZW intends to stay on the storm) are completely different things.

No?
    12-02-08 10:14 AM
    The factory one is fine. I have no problem seeing through mine. As long as the screen doesn't scratch - I'm good.
    12-02-08 10:22 AM
    From what I understand the shipping protector (the flimsy, easy to remove film that you can barely see through) and the hard core protector (that VZW intends to stay on the storm) are completely different things.

No?
    YES! The VXN installed Screen Protector is not just a shipping protector.
    I am getting GA for my Storm and will remove the VXN installed screen protector before I install the GA.
    12-02-08 10:26 AM
    are we sure about this verizon installed protector? where is crucial to verify. i hope were not talking about the flimsy plastic that covers all areas of the phone that comes with shipping because that won't protect at all...
    12-02-08 10:37 AM
    When I had mine, there was no other screen protector on it other then the BS one that's there to protect during packaging and has crap written on it. Nothing below that but just screen.
    12-02-08 10:38 AM
    ^^^^^

If you look closely, there is in fact a raised film/sheet that seems to be a cover or protectant on the screen itself. Many are claiming that this is a factory installed screen protector that some are actually taking off to increase sensitivity or to put on a third-party screen protector like InvisibleShield or Ghost Armor.
    12-02-08 12:23 PM
    I did not have a screen protector on my storm when it arrived...I just had the flimsy packing protector.
    12-02-08 12:33 PM
    I am using Duct Tape with no problems at all......
    12-02-08 12:34 PM
    The factory protector is just there to prtect the screen during shipment. I would take it off and go with a more hard core protector like PS, GA or IS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 12:40 PM
    Seems to be alot of conflict on what comes on the phone. I have read that there are 2 screen protectors on the Storm when you get it. One is a cheap packing screen protector, pull that off, and there is an actual screen protector under that.

Guess I will find out when my Storm comes.
    12-02-08 12:48 PM
    Yea, the first one covers the bottom half and describes the four main buttons on the bottom and the 2nd one is just the shipping protector.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 12:59 PM
    Seems to be alot of conflict on what comes on the phone. I have read that there are 2 screen protectors on the Storm when you get it. One is a cheap packing screen protector, pull that off, and there is an actual screen protector under that.

YEEESSSS!!!!!! Jesus

My question is to those who put on GA or IShield----did you remove the factory screen (not the fliomn before putting the shielf/armor or not?!?!?!?!?
    12-02-08 01:05 PM

Maybe a change in the manufacturing process. Mine definitely has a screen protector ( like IS or GA already on the screen). You can see the edges and a very fine orange peel when the light is right. Since GA is supposed to be stronger and not acratch I intend to remove this protector and install GA hen my order arrives.
    12-02-08 01:07 PM
    When I had mine, there was no other screen protector on it other then the BS one that's there to protect during packaging and has crap written on it. Nothing below that but just screen.
    Hey civic... you still around? So what's the deal? You gonna get another storm once they iron out some of the issues?
    12-02-08 04:33 PM
    can anyone verify that the guy who did the scratch test video did it with or without the protective film that came from verizon?... and mine does have a film on it thats not flimsy like some described ... i only realized it was there because it had an air bubble that i smoothed out.
    12-04-08 11:27 AM
    can anyone verify that the guy who did the scratch test video did it with or without the protective film that came from verizon?... and mine does have a film on it thats not flimsy like some described ... i only realized it was there because it had an air bubble that i smoothed out.
    I can tell you that for sure.
    It did not have one, my phone came in the box but it was unpacked and protective film was installed on it. Which had couple bobbles that I had to work out.

But after using phone for a while if you look on this film it has bumps and scratches. Will be removing it and replacing with new IS shield protector.
    12-04-08 01:16 PM
    Yeah, mine had the shipping plastic, with the tabs for easy removal and the screen has an actual screen protector on it. Not a shipping protector, but a legit screen protector. Ordered mine on 11/21 and it shipped 11/24 with this...can't believe that they all wouldn't be that way...
    12-04-08 01:27 PM
    One is a cheap packing screen protector, pull that off, and there is an actual screen protector under that.
    I have two Storms (mine and wife's). They ABSOLUTELY came with the cheap packing material AND an actual screen protector.
    12-04-08 01:27 PM
    YEEESSSS!!!!!! Jesus

My question is to those who put on GA or IShield----did you remove the factory screen (not the fliomn before putting the shielf/armor or not?!?!?!?!?

Why in God's name would you put a screen protector ON TOP OF A SCREEN PROTECTOR??? Do you double bag your Jimmy "just in case" too?
    12-04-08 01:40 PM
    I bought my invisible shield launch day and the guy at store put it on for me, he didn't remove the original one. I told him to but he said that's how it should be done. So who knows?
    He probably said "That's how it should be done" because he messed up and didn't want to get called out for it =)
    12-04-08 01:44 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD