I was looking through my application list today and noticed that Facebook was listed twice. Both are version 1.3 but one has manhy help files listed a modules and one has only en (english), I can not see more than one application icon anywhere. Can / Should I delete one of these?
    02-04-09 11:58 AM
    not sure why this is either.
    02-04-09 01:01 PM
    When I see it twice I just delete both and reinstall it. Same thing happens with aim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 01:03 PM
    I had posted same issue in the past without a resolution/answer, thinking about a PM to a MOD for help....I have the same issue with Facebook, AOL Instant Messenger & Windows Live Messenger....each shows twice in Application Loader.

When u highlight the app in Application Loader and select details, I notice one is usually from the OS program files and the other is saved in a folder named after ur PIN # on ur computer of all ur 3rd party apps that was created when I backed up 3rd party apps. Not sure why only these 3 apps duplicate.

I also notice that even though its checked on the Apploader List, when u click & highlight the app, select details and in the properties window select Modules, it may not actually be installed. Each seems to contain different modules than the duplicate and usually one app shows installed, the other is not. Not sure why it still shows checked when "not installed" per details window and not sure if it is actually taking up memory space if not installed despite being checked????

When I try to uncheck the "uninstalled duplicate"....if it is coming from the 3rd party folder, it will uncheck and delete. If it is from the Program OS files, it will not even uncheck itself despite showing as "not installed"

Any MODs have an explanation???? I hope that all made sense.
    02-04-09 02:48 PM
    I had the same problem when I first synched up my phone. I never went looked into it that deep. Yahoo kept telling me it had an update yet I was running the latest version and if I went through the list of apps it was there twice same rev. number and one instance would say remove. Every time I synched it would do that same thing.
    To solve this I removed all instances of Yahoo and Facebook, both were doing the above problem. The next time I synched there was only 1 Facebook and Yahoo Messenger in the list, I picked add the program and have never had a problem since.
    I'm speculating it might be a first time sync problem starting when an app might be updated or activated on the handheld before it is synched with DM.

i.e. Playing with a new Storm prior to using DM the first time.
    This is when it appeared to happen each time to me.
    02-04-09 06:51 PM
    The duplicate app error usually occurs if you install the 1st party app using the OTA link. Take Facebook for example. It will show up as a duplicate in the list if you install it from the mobile site instead of clicking on the icon in the applications folder, app center or using the app loader. The reason for this is because the OTA app is usually a little bit bigger since it contains additional modules that differentiate it from the other version.

02-04-09 08:05 PM
    The duplicate app error usually occurs if you install the 1st party app using the OTA link. Take Facebook for example. It will show up as a duplicate in the list if you install it from the mobile site instead of clicking on the icon in the applications folder, app center or using the app loader. The reason for this is because the OTA app is usually a little bit bigger since it contains additional modules that differentiate it from the other version.

That would make sense...the only thing is in my case, I only loaded the apps once from the Verizon on phone supplied Icons in their App Center, thats it. There must be another reason as well this might happen and Im sure it has something to do with how u save a backup file of 3rd party apps before an OS upgrade.
    02-05-09 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD