Looking at getting a new battery for the storm I have seen the extended life batteries with the replacement covers. Not what I'm after. I was just wondering what people have to say about other extended life batteries n what ones have worked best for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 12:28 PM
    From my understanding, extended batteries such as the ones Seidio offers, provide 20 to 25% more juice, which translates to 2 to 4 additional hours.

I hear the Taiwan/China extended batteries work fine, as well, but may have reliability or compatibility issues. It's really a hit or miss with these batteries.
    03-03-10 07:52 PM
    I bought one of those Chinese batteries off ebay, and the first one they sent didn't work. They were real nice and sent me another and that one worked for about 4 months and was awesome. I could run Google Maps for 8 hours without it dying. Although, I took it out to do a battery pull and it quit working.

What I don't understand is now it lights up and an X over the battery comes up. Ok, so if it's getting power to display that, what can't it just start the effing phone? If someone has insight on this, I'm totally curious.
    06-06-10 11:37 AM
    iamjohnnytrox- i had the exact same problem with the battery with an X over it. I wiped my device and reinstalled the OS and it worked fine. Don't know why it wouldn't before, but it works fine for me now.
    06-06-10 02:09 PM
    I have used the Seidio extended battery on two previous devices-8900 and 9000, with very satisfactory results. i used to have to spot charge my 9000 at work, but after i bought the Seidio, I was good to go till bed. IMO worth the money.
    06-06-10 02:14 PM
    Stormberry7 Thanks for the tip! I'll was thinking of upgrading to a new hybrid soon anyways, so I might try and see if that helps out my situation.
    06-08-10 03:28 AM
    do you need a new door if you get an extended life battery?
    06-09-10 04:43 PM
    do you need a new door if you get an extended life battery?
    This depends upon the thickness of the new battery. Some of the lesser-capacity extended batteries will fit into the same space as the standard battery; the batteries with the most capacity tend to be thicker, meaning that the standard door won't fit on over them. I am using a 2400 mAH battery that is thick enough that the original door wouldn't fit, and the replacement door was of brittle plastic, meaning that the retaining tabs at the corners broke off after a few days. I finally bought an external case for the phone that had enough room to accommodate the larger battery.
    06-16-10 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD