Anyone with ideas how to get a Storm if you are ALREADY under Verizon Contract and not ready for renewal?? I need 2 storms and since we signed up for verizon 8 months ago, they want to charge me $600 per phone which is pure theft!! Anyone out there with any ideas how to overcome this dilemma??
    11-23-08 09:19 PM
    Probably not what you want to hear, but you could pay the early termination fee on the lines, then start new lines at the promotional price for the phone and that would come out less than the cost of two Storms at retail...

Sorry I don't have a better idea.
    11-23-08 09:21 PM
    I preordered from best buy and went for the contract extension...wirefly.com is doing it also. Technically since ur only around for 8 months you dont qualify but its certainly worth a shot all they can do is say no

best buy 279

wirefly 299
    11-23-08 09:21 PM
    why dont you add a new line?
    11-23-08 09:23 PM
    why dont you add a new line?
    He might have to add two..........
    Hey if u pay I think 179.00 per month that puts u in the VIP club.
    Do that for a month and that may make u eligible for an early upgrade.
    Which should knock it down to $200 after rebate. Just keep whining and sniveling. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If all else fails threaten to hold your breath.....................Juuuus kidding
    11-23-08 09:29 PM
    add a line....thats what i did
    11-23-08 09:30 PM
    He wants two phones
    11-23-08 09:32 PM
    No just add a new line you get the discounted price then switch the phone numbers then cancel the new line before the month
    11-23-08 09:33 PM
    He might have to add two..........
    Hey if u pay I think 179.00 per month that puts u in the VIP club.
    Do that for a month and that may make u eligible for an early upgrade.
    Which should knock it down to $200 after rebate. Just keep whining and sniveling. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If all else fails threaten to hold your breath.....................Juuuus kidding
    IF your VIP the only phone that that effects is the primary line and thats only gonna happen after your at least a year into your contract. Unless you want to pay full retail price your only other choice would be to add 2 more lines. so that would basically bump your monthly bill by at least 20 bucks. The secondary line doesnt qualify for an early upgrade so even after a year you would only be able to upgrade your primary line. I guess that doesnt do you much good either way though because you havnt had you contract for a year yet.
    Last edited by bong_water; 11-23-08 at 09:38 PM.
    11-23-08 09:35 PM
    No just add a new line you get the discounted price then switch the phone numbers then cancel the new line before the month
    You cant do that. if you cancel the line within 30 days they will require you to return the device or they will charge you the difference in price between what you paid for the phone on that line and the full retail price. They know customers would try that so there not gonna let that happen. If you cancel the line after 30 days they will charge you an early termination fee.
    11-23-08 09:39 PM
    No I just got an XV6800 in march and they gave me the Storm for 200 reset my contract to Nov 2011
    11-23-08 09:40 PM
    well they gave you an exception but dont expect that to happen. Now that they made that exception once dont expect it again. it will be in the account not to make exceptions on the contract anymore. They do this every time they do manager renewal exceptions
    11-23-08 09:43 PM
    Your method of trying to beat the system is flawed!

If he cancels the line on which he purchased the 'berry he is going to get charged the full price!

When you add a new line and you purchase a phone to go with that line you have to return the phone....what makes you think you wouldn't have to?
    11-23-08 09:44 PM
    because ive done it before thats why and ive gotten away with it.
    11-23-08 09:47 PM
    because ive done it before thats why and ive gotten away with it.

Makes you feel real good, huh?
    11-23-08 09:50 PM
    Please stop telling people to cheat, lie, and steal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 09:50 PM
    well they gave you an exception but dont expect that to happen. Now that they made that exception once dont expect it again. it will be in the account not to make exceptions on the contract anymore. They do this every time they do manager renewal exceptions
    Funny. I had one in May and one Saturday. That is two in 6 months. It does help to bring donuts!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 09:51 PM
    I dont know why you guys are jumping on my case. Im just tellign him what i did. He doesnt have to do it. I got away with it, maybe more than once im not sure he will. He doesnt have to do it. Or if he has a good rep help him after he cancels the line they could just leave it like that. My own verizon rep has done that for me before.
    11-23-08 09:55 PM
    any rep. that is not a ****** would realize that every time they make these exceptions it effects there bonus at the end of the year. So more power to the people that get away with it, sucks to be those reps. Im just not gonna lose my well earned money. Ill help people as much as i can, but i dont do anything outside of the contracts. I most defiantly dont give people what they want when they come in yelling and screaming because they choose not to read there contract and always want things for free. You have no idea how many people come in and buy 400 dollar phones at full retail but cant seem to ever pay there 150.00 phone bill and wonder why there service gets cut off. hahaha makes me laugh way to hard.
    Last edited by bong_water; 11-23-08 at 10:06 PM.
    11-23-08 10:02 PM
    ^ I agree with you man. My rep said it was fine so thats why we did it. Either way i was just telling him my experience.
    11-23-08 10:20 PM
    Anyone with ideas how to get a Storm if you are ALREADY under Verizon Contract and not ready for renewal?? I need 2 storms and since we signed up for verizon 8 months ago, they want to charge me $600 per phone which is pure theft!! Anyone out there with any ideas how to overcome this dilemma??

you have to pay the full $600, sorry dude. I had the same thing, i have a Voyager, and i'm not eligible for upgrade, but i paid the $600 and i'm getting my storm tomorrow.
    11-23-08 10:31 PM
    ^ I agree with you man. My rep said it was fine so thats why we did it. Either way i was just telling him my experience.
    haha yeah. you should hear some of the things people say on a regular basis.....you cant do anything but just smile and laugh... like people who come in and want a new phone that arn't eligible. they always say "i dont understand why you cant just give me a free phone, i pay 300 dollars a month for my plan and the best you can do is 50.00 discount" this is so annoying. Thats like me calling Directv and telling them i deserve a free tv because i pay my 150 monthly bill. Most of the time the people who pull this crap are the ones who are always past due and always calling customer service wanting credits talking about how there is no way they used that many minutes... thats when we print out there detailed bill and show them that we have a record of every phone call they make. hahaha it never gets old to see there face.
    11-23-08 10:37 PM
    you have to pay the full $600, sorry dude. I had the same thing, i have a Voyager, and i'm not eligible for upgrade, but i paid the $600 and i'm getting my storm tomorrow.
    $600??? you got ripped off. the phone is only 499.99 full retail.
    11-23-08 10:38 PM
    $600??? you got ripped off. the phone is only 499.99 full retail.
    Well, my mom actually bought it for me, she paid whatever the full retail was. I just said $600 since that is what the OP said he was asked to pay for each.
    11-23-08 10:42 PM
    haha yeah. you should hear some of the things people say on a regular basis.....you cant do anything but just smile and laugh... like people who come in and want a new phone that arn't eligible. they always say "i dont understand why you cant just give me a free phone, i pay 300 dollars a month for my plan and the best you can do is 50.00 discount" this is so annoying. Thats like me calling Directv and telling them i deserve a free tv because i pay my 150 monthly bill. Most of the time the people who pull this crap are the ones who are always past due and always calling customer service wanting credits talking about how there is no way they used that many minutes... thats when we print out there detailed bill and show them that we have a record of every phone call they make. hahaha it never gets old to see there face.
    Yeah dont get me wrong i know what your saying. I was there when i was getting my storm and some customer threw a b fest and it was funny me and the rep helping couldnt help it and i started laughing. People think that because they're the customer they're always right well sometimes the customer is wrong if not most times. I worked in retail so i know how to talk to a rep to get what i need and make sure were both on the same page. You talk to them with respect and they will do the same if you go in with attidude or expecting your owed something they will likely ignore you and just brush you off. I say that cause its what i did when i had customers demanding things they shouldnt be.
    11-23-08 10:44 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD